Is there any way to see salesforce integration usage volumes in Marketo?

Kai_Crow2
Level 2

Is there any way to see salesforce integration usage volumes in Marketo?

We're seeing a sudden spike in usage of the salesforce API, because of sfdc's woeful lack of logging, all we can see is that it's coming from the same user that Marketo syncs via but can't see specifically which app is making all the calls (as that user is also used to sync several other apps).

Just wondering if there's any way to see from the marketo side how many calls are being made to the salesforce API to help us debug this?

6 REPLIES 6
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Re: Is there any way to see salesforce integration usage volumes in Marketo?

Hi Kai,

I do not think there is a way to see how many API calls Marketo makes to SFDC from Marketo. This information would need to be checked from the SFDC side which becomes complicated in your use case because of the number of other systems used by the same sync user.

Unless you had a large database update or import in Marketo which is pushed into SFDC OR you are heavily using the "Sync Lead to SFDC" flow step OR "SFDC campaign sync", there should not really be a massive spike.

Generally if your instance syncs at a sync interval of 5 mins, it would take around 7200 api calls per day + any updates that happens on the lead / contact objects.

I would look to reach out to SFDC support to help assist with your scenario.

Thanks

Floyd

Lauren_Aquilino
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

I use the standard Admin Report in SFDC to view this (API Usage - Last 7 Days Report)

Lauren

Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Agree with Lauren, you can then see which user is using the most API calls.

Kai_Crow2
Level 2

Thanks for the suggestions, however unfortunately both the API usage report and salesforce support (who were only able to point me to that same report) are not much help in this case - for any app using the REST API, the report does not show the client ID, therefore, as you say, I can see only which user is making the calls, not individual apps. The issue therein being that my user has around 15 integrations connected using the REST API. It could be any one of these apps which has suddenly increased its usage. I look towards Marketo, because it's generally the highest usage of any of our connected apps. So that's why I was hoping that there might be some way to see from the Marketo side, how many API calls were being made, because it would help me identify whether it's Marketo causing the issue or not.

Sounds unfortunately like that's not the case though.

Thanks again for your help!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You should always dedicate a SFDC seat to Marketo. Just best practice.

Of course it would be better if Marketo could connect to an SFDC API gateway instead of SFDC directly, then you can audit using your own controls. But AFAIK that's not allowed.

Kai_Crow2
Level 2

Yes, fair point, and something we overlooked in our rush to get up and running. Question: when it says "Warning: Changing the user credentials to connect to a different Salesforce account will cause the Marketo sync to become unstable. Check with support if you are unsure." Is this purely because the new user might have different permissions than the existing one? Or are there other considerations?