Need help on Jquery/Java script code to download case study pdf after submitting a form

Naveen_Kumar
Level 2

Need help on Jquery/Java script code to download case study pdf after submitting a form

Hi,

Could you please help me to get the Jquery/javascript code for the below requirement.

In the Marketo landng page i have created a button "Download case study" when we click on the button it should display the form pop up its working fine till here.  Below is the code for reference.

Problem : Now i would like to download the pdf file after submitting the form. Can any one help me to get Jquery/Javascript code for this.

Reference code :

<a data-toggle="modal" data-target="#myModal" id="formButton" mktoName="Form Button">Download case study</a></div>

<div class="modal fade" id="myModal" tabindex="-1" role="dialog" aria-labelledby="myModalLabel">

<div class="modal-dialog" role="document">

<div class="modal-content">

<div class="modal-header">

<button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="modal" aria-label="Close"><span aria-hidden="true">&times;</span></button>

<h4 class="modal-title" id="myModalLabel">Complete This Form</h4>

</div>

<div class="modal-body">

<div class="row">

<div class="col-md-12 text-center">

<div class='mktoForm' id='theForm' mktoName='Asset Form' style="padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px;">

</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

Regards,

Naveen.

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Need help on Jquery/Java script code to download case study pdf after submitting a form

Hi Naveen,

Forget about jQuery.

Use the Marketo forms API. The doc is here: http://developers.marketo.com/javascript-api/forms/

And some examples will definitely help you: http://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/assets/forms/examples/ and especially the one titled "Take Visitor to User-Defined URL"

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Need help on Jquery/Java script code to download case study pdf after submitting a form

In addition, when submitting such questions always:

[1] Provide the URL of your runnable code (the HTML you've provided is of no use because it doesn't even contain the rendered <form> tag.

[2] If posting code inline, highlight it using the Advanced Editor's syntax highlighter:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/blog-images-teknkl-com/syntax_highlighter.gif

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Can't you just tell the Form to redirect to the PDF instead? Not sure you need special code unless you want a new window.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yes and no!

Naveen is implying that he's using the MktoForms2 lightbox feature (at least I think so, it hasn't been shown yet). Because that has its own subset of the Forms API event model I want to see that it's set up correctly.

The wider problem is that it's actually impossible to force a ​download ​of a PDF with Marketo forms, as you know. So unfortunately the precise answer is "You can't do this," although you can have a PDF either ​download or open.