Not able to post blogs or videos any where else except for user-groups

Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Not able to post blogs or videos any where else except for user-groups

Hi There,

I just noticed that the option to post a blog or a video is available only in the user groups your are signed up in. As per the below screenshot, I cannot find the option to create a video or a blog in other spaces like products, partners or any of the "categories" given on the left side of the screenshot.

pastedImage_0.png

Is there a specific criteria or a certain level one has to attain before being able to post blogs and videos in other spaces and categories? Any information that could point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage
4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Not able to post blogs or videos any where else except for user-groups

Yes, those posting rights are earned on the Community. You can see the badge and points information in your profile. Also, unlike most threads this one should be in About Community so you should move it there (Move link at the right).

Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Thanks Sanford Whiteman​! I have moved the discussion accordingly. I tried searching for it in my profile and in the Missions, the only the only information I see is as shown in the below snapshot.

pastedImage_0.png

Whats confusing me is I have not completed these but still I am able to post blogs and videos in User groups. Does the above screenshot imply that once the above achievements (In the screenshot) are completed, I will have rights to post blogs and videos in other spaces and categories?

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It implies that but actually the threshold for blog posts is much, much higher (as it should be ). Basically by special invitation after many months of heavy answering. I wasn't allowed for at least 2 years.

Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hmm, I see! And yes, I agree, the threshold for blog posts and Videos in these forums and spaces should be high!

Would be interesting to see specific information and details  on  - are the blog post and video rights in other forums and spaces granted if the achievements in the above screenshot are met, if not, then what would be the exact criteria for the same?

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari