SOLVED

Form Field to Submit Free Text?

Go to solution
Karyn_Hill
Level 4

Form Field to Submit Free Text?

We want to allow people who are filling out one of our forms (for webinars) to submit advance questions to be answered in that webinar. Is there a way to do this and have the information either stored on the record or sent in an email to a designated person?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Form Field to Submit Free Text?

Of course! A Textarea -- like any other field.

Now, if you're going to reuse the Textarea for multiple webinars -- a very good idea to eliminate proliferation of old hidden fields, not to mention obsolete data -- then you'll want to give the field a generic name, like nextPreWebinarQuestions. And you'll want to prefix the field value with the name and/or date of the webinar, so it's easily identifiable on its own. ("2018-12-09 Submission Practices: How do armbar?") You can use a Change Data Value for that, although I would usually use JavaScript on the form because I'm comfortable there.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

Of course! A Textarea -- like any other field.

Now, if you're going to reuse the Textarea for multiple webinars -- a very good idea to eliminate proliferation of old hidden fields, not to mention obsolete data -- then you'll want to give the field a generic name, like nextPreWebinarQuestions. And you'll want to prefix the field value with the name and/or date of the webinar, so it's easily identifiable on its own. ("2018-12-09 Submission Practices: How do armbar?") You can use a Change Data Value for that, although I would usually use JavaScript on the form because I'm comfortable there.

Karyn_Hill
Level 4

Thanks! Do you know how I might get it to email the response to someone? I did look in Marketo Docs but wasn't able to find anything about that. Of course, the name might be something other than what I searched for, but I also went down the list of topics in Marketo Docs.

SanfordWhiteman

Look for Send Alert, that's what it's for.

Karyn_Hill
Level 4

Awesome, thanks!