AnsweredAssumed Answered

Lookup tables

Question asked by Michael Oslin on Nov 12, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 13, 2018 by Sanford Whiteman

I understand Marketo doesn't have lookup tables, but we can create a smart campaign to do a replace value.The problem is that currently I have ~300 values, and that list may grow. Also if we can figure out a way to do lookups, there are cases where we would use this for much larger data sets.

Sanford Whiteman had posted a blog post related to a similar case I had, but being that I'm not a developer, I am not sure if this can be used to replace an existing value field or if no match in column A, simply ignore.

The value I want to replace is a UTM Campaign that is brought in from our web visits, the problem is that in the past those UTM Campaign values were not standardized, so we have all sorts of values coming in that we would like standardized.

I've created the translator values in an excel table, but wanted to avoid creating 300+ rules in Marketo smart campaigns if this could be done another way.

I see ideas for lookups in the community for this, but apparently they didn't get enough votes. We did functions like this with our previous Automation tool and I could benefit tremendously if we could run data transformation tables in Marketo.

Here is an example of the data:

Campaign Name received from the form [value we get from the web visit]

Value we would like stored on the record

17janc_fr_sc_dm_better_together_wms_supply_chain_mag

17-01-emea-fr-supplychain-dm-better-together-wms-supply-chain-mag

17-dec_emea_tms_logisticsmagazine_ads

17-01-emea-uk-transportation-logisticsmagazine-ads

17jan_us_sc_cm_mcleod_lme_carrier_perspectives_whitepaper

17-01-noam-us-supplychain-cm-mcleod-lme-carrier-perspectives-whitepaper

Any thoughts or help would be great.

Thank you-

m.