11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2018 12:00 AM by Sanford Whiteman

Need Marketo folder path for js

Wes Whalen

Hi everyone,

I have a landing page in which i am using a layerslider. There is some script that points to a skins folder and I need to define that path. I have to use our Marketo account to host the files. Below is the script that I need to enter a path into. For now it's just showing the local path on my machine.

How could I find a path to my folder?

Thanks in advance for any help.

<script type="text/javascript">
      $(document).ready(function() {
      $('#slider').layerSlider({
      sliderVersion: '6.0.0',
      type: 'fullwidth',
      responsiveUnder: 1200,
      maxRatio: 1,
      hideUnder: 0,
      hideOver: 100000,
      skin: 'outline',
      skinsPath: '../../layerslider/skins/',
      navButtons: 'false',
      });
      });
      </script>

• Re: Need Marketo folder path for js
          Sanford Whiteman

Can you please highlight your code first using the Advanced Editor so it's readable, then we'll continue?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/blog-images-teknkl-com/syntax_highlighter.gif

Sanford Whiteman

Thanks for the edit.

When you upload files to Marketo Design Studio, they are not sorted into true resource (URL) folders -- even if they are represented in a nested folder structure in the UI, they're all located directly off the same path: pages.example.com/rs/{{Your Munchkin ID}}/images/{{Your Filename}}.

For example, this image is sorted into the "IT" folder in the UI:

But its URL is http://pages.example.com/rs/410-XOR-673/images/2015-05-24-carl-cox.jpg; the string "IT" is not prepended to the filename

Because of this, your skins path will always be the base path /rs/{{Your Munchkin ID}}/images.  This may cause naming conflicts in the future (if you have another library that requires the same naming convention for its skins, the files can't exist at the same time).

Wes Whalen

Thank you for the response. I tried this path in the js and it still doesn't work. Basically the js script function tells which sub folder to pull the files from inside the parent folder.

<script type="text/javascript">

$(document).ready(function() {

$('#slider').layerSlider({

sliderVersion: '6.0.0',

type: 'fullwidth',

responsiveUnder: 1200,

maxRatio: 1,

hideUnder: 0,

hideOver: 100000,

skin: 'outline',

skinsPath: 'http://offers.premierinc.com/rs/381-NBB-525/images/',

navButtons: 'false',

});

});

</script>

If I were to FTP this on a server I would end my path at the parent folder of "outline" folder. I understand that there is one main path for all images and just the file name changes. I understand his is why dup files can't be uploaded even though they are in different.

Is this even possible? You can see how the files are in a sub folder in my little screenshot attached.

Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 5.17.56 PM.png