Thievery Alert: Programs Stealing Acq. Credit

Kevin_McMahon1
Level 5

Thievery Alert: Programs Stealing Acq. Credit

Lately we've discovered that we have programs stealing acquisition credit from other programs. For example, someone first comes in to our database through a list purchase and then at some point later in time registers for a webinar, the webinar will change the acquisition program and channel.

I adjusted the smart list in our Acquisition smart campaigns to include the filter Acquisition Channel is empty. However, this morning I see that someone who had an acq. channel as List Purchase made it through the Acquisition campaign of a webinar program and had it changed. Here's a couple screenshots below:

Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 9.07.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 9.08.57 AM.png

The person was created in 2017 so the issue is not with the 20 minute window. Appreciate the help!

5 REPLIES 5
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Thievery Alert: Programs Stealing Acq. Credit

Can you include the full smart list (including any advanced logic)?  Also, you're not including the campaign column in your other screenshot.  Is the campaign referencing the smart campaign that you reference here?

Kevin_McMahon1
Level 5

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 9.28.41 AM.png

What this person did was fill out the form for the first "Fills Out Form" trigger, which is filling out the form on the local LP inside the program. Is there any other info you need?

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes - could you share a screenshot of your flow steps?

Kevin_McMahon1
Level 5

Here you go Dan:

Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 8.23.12 AM.png

Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hi Kevin,

I would suggest "blocking field updates" to the Acquisition Channel. In that way when the program has first set the Acquisition Channel value, any further updates will not be able to overwrite into the field.

Instructions on how to set this up is: Block Updates to a Field - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

Hope this helps

Floyd