8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2018 3:16 AM by Grégoire Michel

How do we know the smart Campaign causing 'Salesforce Sync Error'?

Manish Khemani

Hello All,

I have been getting 'Salesforce Sync Error' notifications on email. Though our integration with Salesforce has been terminated six months ago, according to Marketo support - the errors appear due the the fact that we have 'Create Task' flow steps in quite a few smart campaigns.

My question is how do I find the exact smart campaign in my instance causing this error? Can anyone suggest /help with a solutions?

Regards,

Manish

• Re: How do we know the smart Campaign causing 'Salesforce Sync Error'?
          Steven Vanderberg

You can use the Campaign Inspector for this.

Manish Khemani

Hello Steven,

While Campaign Manager gives me a list of campaigns which I can filter on 'Create Task' activity, What I need is the actual campaign that is causing the Salesforce sync issue.

Best,

Manish

Best Regards,

Manish Khemani

Steven Vanderberg --- Re:  - Re: How do we know the smart Campaign causing 'Salesforce Sync Error'? ---

From:"Steven Vanderberg" <marketingnation@marketo.com>To:"Manish Khemani" <manish.khemani@tcs.com>Date:Fri, 02-Nov-2018 7:08 PMSubject:Re:  - Re: How do we know the smart Campaign causing 'Salesforce Sync Error'?

"External email. Open with Caution"

The Marketo Marketing Nation Community                   Re: How do we know the smart Campaign causing 'Salesforce Sync Error'?   reply from Steven Vanderberg in Products - View the full discussion 

You can use the Campaign Inspector for this.  https://nation.marketo.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-199751-203114/1600-781/pastedImage_0.png

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Marketo Marketing Nation Community     Start a new discussion in Products by email or at Marketo Marketing Nation Community     Following Re: How do we know the smart Campaign causing 'Salesforce Sync Error'? in these streams: Inbox      This email was sent by Marketo Marketing Nation Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Marketo Marketing Nation Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences              Community Help & Feedback    

=====

Floyd Alvares

Hi Manish,

I would assume all those "Create Task" campaigns are causing (will eventually cause) your "Sync to SFDC" error notifications? since "Create Task" is a Salesforce only function. Therefore you would need to rectify/delete those flow steps which contain the create task action.

Alternative if you have a lot of create task flow steps - I would filter it by the below so that I can target the active campaigns running.

1. Active Triggerd Campaigns
                  2. Scheduled Batch Campaigns

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Floyd

Manish Khemani

Hi Floyd,

I tried this option too but to my disadvantage I have a lot of active campaigns that have the 'Create Task' activity and hence was looking for a work around to know the exact smart campaign that caused it.

Best Regards,

Manish Khemani

Floyd Alvares --- Re:  - Re: How do we know the smart Campaign causing 'Salesforce Sync Error'? ---

From:"Floyd Alvares" <marketingnation@marketo.com>To:"Manish Khemani" <manish.khemani@tcs.com>Date:Sat, 03-Nov-2018 3:38 AMSubject:Re:  - Re: How do we know the smart Campaign causing 'Salesforce Sync Error'?

"External email. Open with Caution"

The Marketo Marketing Nation Community                   Re: How do we know the smart Campaign causing 'Salesforce Sync Error'?   reply from Floyd Alvares in Products - View the full discussion 

Hi Manish, I would assume all those "Create Task" campaigns are causing your "Sync to SFDC" error notifications? since "Create Task" is a Salesforce only function. Therefore you would need to rectify/delete those flow steps which contain the create task action. Alternative if you have a lot of create task flow steps - I would filter it by Active Triggerd CampaignsScheduled Batch Campaigns https://nation.marketo.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-199766-203112/pastedImage_4.png  Hope this helps. ThanksFloyd

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Marketo Marketing Nation Community     Start a new discussion in Products by email or at Marketo Marketing Nation Community     Following Re: How do we know the smart Campaign causing 'Salesforce Sync Error'? in these streams: Inbox      This email was sent by Marketo Marketing Nation Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Marketo Marketing Nation Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences              Community Help & Feedback    

=====

Grégoire Michel

Go to the activity log of the leads with failed sync. The smart campaign will show on the rightmost column.

There some related ideas to vote for here: Marketo / salesforce integration needs a serious overhaul, don't you "sync"?

-Greg

3 of 3 people found this helpful