SOLVED

Hide 'button' on mobile via CSS

Go to solution
Ayan_Talukder
Level 5

Hide 'button' on mobile via CSS

Hi all,

We have a call to action email going out with two CTAs. The email is mobile responsive but I'm trying to get the button on the top right (where the red arrow is pointing) to be hidden on mobile to avoid duplicate buttons. What would be the easiest method in hiding this? I tried using a div and CSS to hide the button but it doesn't seem to be working. I've attached our HTML code of the email. Thanks in advance!

2018-10-29_17-14-52.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Re: Hide 'button' on mobile via CSS

Hey Ayan,

I normally use media queries to hide CSS elements in mobile versus  desktop. Something like this:

@media (max-width: 480px) {

.button {

display: none;

}

However, in your case if you add this piece of code you would remove both the buttons in mobile so it would be good to define a different style for the button you would like to remove like ".button1" and ".button2" and then add the respective media query as mentioned above.

Hope this helps

Would love to see if there are any other options

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hey Ayan,

I normally use media queries to hide CSS elements in mobile versus  desktop. Something like this:

@media (max-width: 480px) {

.button {

display: none;

}

However, in your case if you add this piece of code you would remove both the buttons in mobile so it would be good to define a different style for the button you would like to remove like ".button1" and ".button2" and then add the respective media query as mentioned above.

Hope this helps

Would love to see if there are any other options

Ayan_Talukder
Level 5

Floyd thanks a lot, I really appreciate it! That did the trick, I just ran it in Litmus and it works on almost all mobile devices. We've add issues with media queries not working on Android devices but we can live with that.

Stephen_Baker2
Level 2

Sometimes a CSS Armageddon approach can help with pesky clients that don't support display properly and what not:

.hide { display: none !important; width: 0px !important; height: 0px !important; max-width: 0px !important; max-height: 0px !important; line-height: 0 !important }

Ayan_Talukder
Level 5

Thanks for the reply Stephen, I will give this a shot!