SOLVED

Add new landing page domain name

Go to solution
Adrien_Landrin
Level 2

Add new landing page domain name

Hi there,

I'm just beginning my first step on Marketo set up and I would like to add more than one domain nam for landing pages.

Please, could you telle me how to do it?

I've set up everything in regards of DKIM SPF and so on

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Add new landing page domain name

The Domain shown on the main page is your primary Landing Page domain. Domain Aliases never show up there.

The primary domain is what's used when you browse for an LP from your library. All pages are also accessible under all Domain Aliases, with the same page names.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
SanfordWhiteman

In Admin » Landing Pages » Rules, add a Domain Alias.

I've set up everything in regards of DKIM SPF and so on

LP Domains/Aliases have nothing whatsoever to do with DKIM or SPF.

Adrien_Landrin
Level 2

Thank you very much Sanford Whiteman,

I was totally blocked since yesterday, now it seems working.

Still not any other Domain name in the "Admin ==> Landing Page" section, there is still only one, but on rule, the one I've created appear.

Thanks

SanfordWhiteman

The Domain shown on the main page is your primary Landing Page domain. Domain Aliases never show up there.

The primary domain is what's used when you browse for an LP from your library. All pages are also accessible under all Domain Aliases, with the same page names.

Adrien_Landrin
Level 2

Okay now that makes sense, so our "marketing users" will see the primary domain, but not the final customer who will land on the page?

This customer will then see the domain allias. Am I correct?

SanfordWhiteman

Not sure exactly what you mean... the customer will see whatever domain you choose to link to in an email, ad, etc.\

When I speak of "browsing" I'm primarily referring to the Landing Page browser in Form Editor, which will steer people to the primary domain (always) unless you use JavaScript to override it, as discussed recently (as well as in the past) on the Community.

SanfordWhiteman

Also, please paste images inline, not as attachments. I didn't even notice you had an image on your post; it's very cumbersome to follow threads with attachments.

Adrien_Landrin
Level 2

Oh ok thanks I'll notice for the next ones.

Actually, we've pruchased a global contract, with two different entities (company A & B)

One of them, not mine already registered a primary domain (Company A)

Our customer do not now we're working together, so my question was :

- If a customer land into my landing page, will he see as a URL address the primary domain of Company A, or the domain allias of mine (Company B)?

SanfordWhiteman

One of them, not mine already registered a primary domain (Company A)

Our customer do not now we're working together, so my question was :

- If a customer land into my landing page, will he see as a URL address the primary domain of Company A, or the domain allias of mine (Company B)?

As long as you only tell them the Domain Alias, that's the URL they'll see. They will not be redirected to the Primary Domain.

However, unless your instance's account string is sufficiently generic ({accountstring}.mktoweb.com is the CNAME of both your Primary and Alias domains) then it's not difficult for a curious person to see that you're using Company A's Marketo instance.

Adrien_Landrin
Level 2

Ok that's now crystal clear,

Thank you very much for your help!

Have a great weekend 🙂