Although a community has existed for years within my organization, it has lacked strategy, governance, customer engagement, and a Community Manager. In 2019, my organization wants to change that. And, as part of that initiative, I have been tasked with creating a 'Community Governance Structure'. Since I am new to Community Management myself, I am seeking advice from the professionals out there. I'd like to understand:
- What type of community does your organization have? Support? Knowledge Base? Mixed use case?
- How is Community Management structured within your organization?
- Is the community owned by one department or multiple departments?
- And which department(s) owns the community?
- How many people are part of your ‘Community Team’? Titles? Level of experience?
- Any best practices you can share around how your organization manages both ideation and customer questions?
- What advice would you give to someone who is new to Community Management and/or advice for re-branding a community?
I think Marketo does a great job of managing their Community (along with the Champions!) and I would enjoy hearing from some of the team members who assist.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!