AnsweredAssumed Answered

override Marketo "unsubscribe" system flow action

Question asked by Vlada Prasolova on Oct 11, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 12, 2019 by Margaret Duff

We have customer profile on our website where the customer can update his mailing preferences.

The form is on Marketo and the updates are pushed to marketo as well but i have recently came across a case that i'm as yet unable to solve.

An old customer went to his profile and updated preferences/subscribed to something.

He got pushed to Marketo all right, with a flag "unsubscribed = FALSE, but bc it's a really old record he wasn't in Marketo, so marketo created a new record.

So far so good, but, it turned out the marketo "remembered" he has been unsubscribed long time ago, so what it did, it changed the unsubscribed value back to TRUE with a system flow action:

System flow action for 'Change Data Value' triggered Wed, 30 May 2018 08:33:24 -0500

my question is how do i override this system flow action if the "re-subscription" happens AFTER the initial opt-out and and person is no longer in Marketo by the time it occurs

i thought about creating a counter-campaign like "original source = that account form" and unsubscribe = TRUE, change it back, but how do i avoid re-subscribing those who had been created from this form but went and opted-out later of their own free will?

Outcomes