SOLVED

Why is there a high variance of numbers across All Casts and Last Casts in each Stream?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is there a high variance of numbers across All Casts and Last Casts in each Stream?

Hello Marketo Community,

I'm trying to troubleshoot and understand what's going on within my specific Engagement (Nurture) Streams:

So I have three of these streams tied a specific industry, at each part of the conversion funnel (Awareness, Consideration, Decision). Some of these assets have been A/B optimized by program asset type and industry, per the screenshot here:

marketo_cast1.jpg

Some of the assets have a large amount of audience it's being casted to: (e.g. 2269 in my Awareness). Whereas others, only have 0 or 1 (in both All Casts and Last Casts).

I am also aware of the difference between the Cast Numbers:

All Casts – Total Emails Sent All time for this Email whenever it is Casted

Last Cast - # of emails sent for this email since the last scheduled cast.

Here are my questions:

1) What is the reason for my first asset in Awareness to only have 53% of the audience casted to? Is it because the earlier iterations of this asset has converted the remaining 47%?

2) Why are my cast numbers within specific assets only reflecting 0 and 1?
3) Will my historical casts numbers on the bottom change if I switch out one or all of the assets?
4) Do cast numbers reflect only members within that stream that are not exhausted/paused/disqualified?

Thanks and I appreciate the info in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Why is there a high variance of numbers across All Casts and Last Casts in each Stream?

Hi Ryan,

Many things can explain that people are not sent emails. They can be unsubscribed, suspended, marketing suspended, blacklisted, previously hard bounced... or simply blocked but the communication limits. Look here: My email was not sent: a troubleshooting guide

Also, from the program numbers, it seems that some people have been removed from the stream 1 recently. (the last cast is 4218, while the last cast is 11k).

removing assets from the streams will not change the stats at the bottom of the streams.

The number in the bottom of the stream reflect all members. When some are exhausted, they show up as in the 3rd stream.

-Greg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Why is there a high variance of numbers across All Casts and Last Casts in each Stream?

Hi Ryan,

Many things can explain that people are not sent emails. They can be unsubscribed, suspended, marketing suspended, blacklisted, previously hard bounced... or simply blocked but the communication limits. Look here: My email was not sent: a troubleshooting guide

Also, from the program numbers, it seems that some people have been removed from the stream 1 recently. (the last cast is 4218, while the last cast is 11k).

removing assets from the streams will not change the stats at the bottom of the streams.

The number in the bottom of the stream reflect all members. When some are exhausted, they show up as in the 3rd stream.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Gregoire,

Thank you for the helpful explanation, this makes so much more sense including your Champion Program thread to troubleshoot this existing issue

I apologize for the late response it's been quite hectic on my end since I last posted this however to follow up:

I know we have created one but I'll need to dig a bit deeper to understand the ramifications of this within the rest of our nurture campaigns and email blasts in general.

-Ryan