Do you dream about how prospects turn into customers, and then into advocates? Can you name a dozen of your favorite email campaigns? If you live for the thrill of the chase, the pride in closed deals, and bask in the love of customers — all through excellent marketing - our Senior Manager of Lifecycle Marketing role might be right up your alley.
Gusto is looking for a results-obsessed marketer to drive multi-channel lead development, conversion lift, upsell, and retention marketing programs. Growth is the name of the game, so we want an experienced gardener who can nurture the seeds of new business and turn them quickly into a flourishing crop of customers.
Gusto’s lifecycle team will influence the way small businesses and their employees use our payroll, benefits, compliance, and HR features. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to grow and develop Gusto’s customer base and develop scalable programs using best-in-class tools and techniques. If you are an aggressive optimizer who thrives on making major business impact at a high-growth company, we would love to hear from you!
Here’s What You’ll Do Day-to-day
- Identify opportunities to increase conversion, maximize lead development, expand upsell opportunities, and lower churn
- Devise, launch, and optimize campaigns across the customer lifecycle across multiple channels (email, direct mail, chat..etc)
- Manage Gusto’s marketing automation programs, techniques, and tools, ensuring leads are managed reliably and tracked properly, and ultimately developed and delivered to sales to maximize conversion
- Develop deep expertise and insights about what drives yield and LTV for our business
- Be a critical partner to the sales, business technology, and partner marketing teams
- Hunt new opportunities to drive response and conversion through targeting, creative, and channel tests
- Manage fast turnarounds while building marketing automation and scalable campaign calendars
Here’s What We’re Looking For
- An expert with 5+ years experience in lifecycle marketing/marketing operations, including hands on experience developing campaigns in marketing automation platforms
- Deep experience with marketing automation (Marketo, Hubspot, Iterable, or similar)
- Experience with high volume, low touch sales processes
- Strong understanding of Salesforce (or similar) and data flows between marketing automation and CRM
- Strong understanding of how to leverage email as a channel
- Understanding of end to end user flows and a “user first” mindset
- Experience with business intelligence and data
- Experience working cross functionally with diverse groups
- BA/BS degree from a great university
- Extra credit for:
- Prior experience leading and empowering a scaling team
- Direct experience with our tech stack (Salesforce, Marketo, and Drift)
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.