SOLVED

ReadyTalk "Add to Calendar" link on Thank You Page

Go to solution
Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

ReadyTalk "Add to Calendar" link on Thank You Page

Hi Everyone,

Not sure if anyone else experiences this with ReadyTalk or other webinar providers, but I can't get this one to work. When a user submits the registration form for our webinar, the ask is to have an "Add to Calendar" button right there on the page (we already include one in the thank you for registering email).

However, when that link loads, the token value is blank. I believe this is because the systems do not have enough time to talk to one another, generate the user's unique join code, and populate the token. We've even tried waiting 5-10 seconds after the form submit success, and force-reloading the page, and it really only seems to work for known, cookied users. Unknown or new users continue to receive a link within the Add to Calendar token that is not a valid join URL.

Anyone solve this? Or is there really just not a way? These are all Marketo hosted landing pages for reference.

Thanks,Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: ReadyTalk "Add to Calendar" link on Thank You Page

I just wrote a post on this exact topic, and yes, it is possible to give them an Add to Calendar link that they can immediately click + save: You don't really need to Wait for {{Member.Webinar URL}}

Of course the ReadyTalk URL within the calendar entry is still dependent on the API sync finishing, but they shouldn't be clicking that immediately, and the link will become active as soon as the sync is done.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I just wrote a post on this exact topic, and yes, it is possible to give them an Add to Calendar link that they can immediately click + save: You don't really need to Wait for {{Member.Webinar URL}}

Of course the ReadyTalk URL within the calendar entry is still dependent on the API sync finishing, but they shouldn't be clicking that immediately, and the link will become active as soon as the sync is done.

Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Wow this is genius, Sanford!  Thank you for sharing!