SOLVED

Anyone use the Hoosh Marketing Excel webhook before?

Go to solution
Nathaniel_Kobza
Level 1

Anyone use the Hoosh Marketing Excel webhook before?

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if any of y'all have set up and used the Hoosh Marketing Excel webhook before? More specifically, has anyone used it to the capacity of calculating scores from various score fields?

In our sandbox instance, we followed the directions to the 'T' in the documentation Hoosh has provided: http://hooshmarketing.com/internal/excel-webhook/.

While we have gotten it to successfully calculate the formula and come up with the correct result (shown in the activity log), we have not be able to figure out why it is not populating the designated score field.

Image below is showing the activity log details when the webhook is called:

Hoosh_SS_(1)_LI.jpg

Image below is the setup for the webhook:

Hoosh_SS_(3)_LI.jpg

We have tried using different field types for it to calculate the score off of, and we have tried different field types for the score to be mapped too. And we have already tested it with just calculating two fields and going to the default Lead Score/Person Score field.

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Anyone use the Hoosh Marketing Excel webhook before?

That JSON response has single, case-sensitive, lowercase property

result

That property should be in the left-hand-side of your Response Mapping.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman

That JSON response has single, case-sensitive, lowercase property

result

That property should be in the left-hand-side of your Response Mapping.

Nathaniel_Kobza
Level 1

THANK YOU!

That literally did the trick.

Andrew_Slutzky1
Level 1

Hello Nathaniel Kobza​ and Sanford Whiteman​,

I'm actually running into some issues myself here with this Marketo Excel Webhook integration.

Any feedback would be awesome:)

QUESTIONS:

1. Do you have to be a Hoosh Marketing Client in order to use their Excel webhook?

Not sure if the username and password in the Webhook is from Marketo or Hoosh.

It is my understanding that this tool is free and doesn't have any limitations (i.e., API calls, webhook fields) etc...

2. Any ideas why I'm not returning any results?

I've followed all of the directions in your documentation.

The inability of Marketo to natively add formula fields together is causing us major issues.

We are trying to add Demographic score + Behavior score + Firmographic score = Person Score.

Demographic + Behavior + Firmographic all get stamped by MKTO.

The addition lives inside of SFDC and SFDC stamps Person Score on the Lead and on the Contact via two Workflow Rules.

Both Workflow Rules fire only if any of the fields ISCHANGED().

SFDC support said ISCHANGED() only fires on field updates that come from SFDC though.

Thus, they haven't been stamping. I think your Webhook can solve this if everything lives in MKTO.

Thanks!

All the best,

Andrew

Webhook Result.jpgExcel Formula - Person Score.jpg

SanfordWhiteman

To be extra-crystal-clear, I have no connection with this service... literally couldn't be further from the truth.

I just happen to know a lot about Marketo webhooks. For example, I can tell you that Response Code 1000 from Marketo means you tried to use Call Webhook directly from a batch. Webhooks must run from trigger campaigns. This means you first need to create a Campaign is Requested-triggered Smart Campaign, then you can use Request Campaign from a (2nd) batch Smart Campaign..

This particular platform will have capacity problems at a certain point because of certain architectural choices. But you may not use it enough to notice.

The cool news is if you're adding numbers that are each below a few 100, you don't even need a formal webhook-compatible platform in the way most people imagine. You can do this using a set of files uploaded to your Marketo Design Studio. If you watch the Products blog over the next week you'll see how.

Andrew_Slutzky1
Level 1

Hello Sanford Whiteman​,

Thanks for your feedback sir!

Totally understand that you aren't affiliated:)

Appreciate all your advice too.

QUESTIONS:

1. What kind of capacity problems would you foresee with a solution such as the Hoosh Marketing Excel Webhook?

2. Would you be open to showing me your Marketo Design Studio solution via screenshots sir?

3. Have you encountered similar issues such as a SFDC Workflow Rule (i.e., ISCHANGED) Formula not firing because ISCHANGED apparently only recognizes changes by SFDC and not MKTO and thus doesn't fire a field update modification stamp?

Curious how then it is even possible to have SFDC Workflow Rule Field Updates work at all to stamp MKTO fields in the first place.

P.S. The Campaign Request-Triggered change caused the Webhook to fire, but I received a 401 error. That makes me think there's an issue with the client id or client secret. Maybe I need to provide a Hoosh username and password instead of the Marketo username and password in the URL even though apparently this is a free solution. Reaching out to Hoosh to get more feedback.

All the best,

Andrew

401 Error.jpg

SanfordWhiteman

2. Would you be open to showing me your Marketo Design Studio solution via screenshots sir?

Everything will be on the blog soon.

What kind of numbers are you adding? (What is your scoring scale?)

1. What kind of capacity problems would you foresee with a solution such as the Hoosh Marketing Excel Webhook?

Merely that the back end is not ideal for a highly concurrent multitenant app. Also, every result is deterministic (it's not possible for 2+3 to ever not = 5) so there should be a caching layer that instantly returns cached results for the same payload, instead of re-performing any calculation.

I don't think you should even contemplate this until you're getting results, though.

3. Have you encountered similar issues such as a SFDC Workflow Rule (i.e., ISCHANGED) Formula not firing because ISCHANGED apparently only recognizes changes by SFDC and not MKTO and thus doesn't fire a field update modification stamp?

Yes and no. The ability to change scores in SFDC was changed by a Marketo update at some point in the past couple of years. I wouldn't describe it exactly as you have.

Hoosh username and password instead of the Marketo username and password in the URL

Absolutely, Marketo REST credentials have no relevance to this solution. (I would advise changing your client_id and client_secret now that you've leaked them to another service unknowingly.)

Ankush_Kar
Level 1

Hi Andrew,

Did you receive any feedback from Hoosh? Or were you able to figure out if Hoosh username and password is required to call this webhook. If yes, how to get that Hoosh username and password?

Thanks,

Ankush