Mktg suspended

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mktg suspended

101 question: How do I manually suspend marketing from an individual lead, or remove it from campaign if there is a better way than all out suspension.
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Mktg suspended

To remove from a campaign, create a smart campaign and filter on the lead's email address in the smart list.  In the flow, choose "Remove from Flow" and select the campaign or campaigns you want to remove the lead from.

To marketing suspend, you can either right click on the lead in the list and change data value for marketing suspended or you can go into the lead database and search for the lead and change the marketing suspended value to true. 

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Ian, your post is a little bit confusing, so without knowing your bigger picture objective, it's hard to provide you with the best answer. There is the marketing suspended field which will prevent any emails from going to that person until the field is unchecked sometime in the future. You can remove someone from a program by changing their program status to "Not in program", but you might also be referring to "Remove from flow" so that they don't receive any further emails from a flow.

Can you elaborate a little bit more on what you're trying to achieve?
Anonymous
Not applicable

We place current customers 30 days from renewal in a 30/15/7/1 day email notification stream. Once they renew, we want to stop the emails form being sent to them. I'm hoping there is one-click functionality for this.
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Ah, so I think the most appopriate thing would be to do a "remove from flow" once they renew. If you have a field for this, you could have a triggered campaign that looks for a data value change in that field. Once it's set up, it won't require any clicks other than saying that they've renewed 🙂
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

What I do is, I create a remove from flow campaign.  Whenever someone's status changes to either purchased/renewed the flow is remove from the renewal campaign or whatever campaign you want to remove them from.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all- Thanks for the help! Is there a good article on creating a remove from flow campaign anywhere? I'm wondering if it requries a new custom SF lead field etc
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Ian, it depends on how you know that someone has renewed. Is there a field in your instance that will change value? If so, then you can just create a triggered smart campaign where the smart list is "Data value change" [your criteria], and the flow step is "remove from flow". 

You can find more here, but the above is really the main point of it. 
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Here is the article on how to use the Remove from Flow flow step:
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LAAwCAO