Link to Intermediary Custom Object from Multiple Custom Objects

Jessica_Biblis
Level 3

Link to Intermediary Custom Object from Multiple Custom Objects

Hello,

We are starting to work with Marketo custom objects, and we'd like to set up a many-to-many structure.

We have three objects: Subscription Info, Primary Product Usage, Secondary Product Usage.

We've been successful in linking the Subscription Info object to the Primary Product Usage object. We'd also like to link the Secondary Product Usage object to the Subscription Info object as well; however, the Subscription Info object no longer appears in the dropdown menu when selecting the link object on the Secondary Product Usage object.

From Grégoire Michel​'s response here​ it seems like this is something we should be able to accomplish, but we're having difficulty figuring out what we're not doing right and the product docs haven't been much help.

Any advice would be super appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Link to Intermediary Custom Object from Multiple Custom Objects

Can we pull back for a sec? Where (in full) do you expect to use the data in these COs?  Many-to-many, on top of the problems of COs in general, really reduces your visibility.

Jessica_Biblis
Level 3

The data in the custom objects will be used primarily to create smart lists. For example, I want to be able to find active subscribers who've downloaded our app. My smart list would look something like:

- Has Subscription Info: User Status = Active

-- with Primary Product Usage: Storyline Version is not empty.

Then, in a batched smart campaign, I'd send an email to anyone not on that smart list to encourage them to download the app.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

It usually makes sense to de-normalize the schema and use a 1-to-many model with only 1 CO in which you will copy the info from the second level object.

-Greg