2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2018 1:03 PM by Sanford Whiteman

URL not showing up in webhook for SMS

Michael Mason

We're using a webhook to send Marketo data to Amazon SNS to then send an SMS. We've been success sending an SMS with a tokenized field for the message, however, we want to ultimately use this message field with a URL stored in a Marketo field to drive a renewal communication. I'm having trouble getting the URL to populate from the webhook in the text message. We've tried a few different permutations, but so far no luck.

This works and populates the mobile number and message, but the resulting SMS does not populate the URL.

[

{

MobileNumber : {{lead.Mobile Phone Number}},

Url : "www.google.com?test=test",

}

]

Tried this also with same result:

[

{

MobileNumber : {{lead.Mobile Phone Number}},

Url : {{lead.Enrollment Cart URL}},

}

]

Any ideas?

• Re: URL not showing up in webhook for SMS
          Sanford Whiteman

Your examples have trailing commas and thus are invalid JSON (some servers will allow it, but they shouldn't and you should still fix it up).

Anyway, you haven't specified exactly what endpoint you're posting to. I assume there's something up with case, i.e. the property is actually "URL".

• Re: URL not showing up in webhook for SMS
              Michael Mason

Thanks Sanford, your input is always appreciated.

I'll fix those trailing commas and the URL case and see if that helps.

As far as the endpoint, I'm not 100% sure. My architecture team settled on Amazon SNS, but I believe they are trying using an API to get the data out of Marketo, shorten the URL via bitly and then sending the SMS. They seem like they know what they're saying, but not 100% sure as they know worlds more than I do. Should I ask them what the actual endpoint is?