6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2018 5:50 AM by Jen Heidenreich

How can I change our email sign up from old vendor to Marketo?

Jen Heidenreich

We have a email sign up that is on a template level of our site. It is already branded. We are switching to Marketo for sending the emails, and so we want the sign up to continue to look as it does, but send to a Marketo form. I understand how to place a form designed in Marketo onto a web page, but it will not match the current formatting. Here is the current sign up:

BIC-email-current.png

Is there a way to code the button to send to a Marketo list?

Thank you for all you do,

jen

• Re: How can I change our email sign up from old vendor to Marketo?
          Sanford Whiteman

Yes, if this is a generic HTML form, you can capture the standard submit event and redirect the form data (just one form field in this case) to a hidden Marketo form, then submit the hidden form.

Search the Community for "background form," "hidden form" et al. to see numerous examples of the technique.

If you provide an actual URL, I can check how hard this transition will be for this form (remember, we can't troubleshoot a screenshot).

P.S. I'm not convinced you can't use a Marketo form for this one-line form, but I understand if you don't want to do any restyling.

• Re: How can I change our email sign up from old vendor to Marketo?
              Jen Heidenreich

Thank you so much. I found the article on hidden forms...does the code need the script code from embed code?

<script src="//app-sjo.marketo.com/js/forms2/js/forms2.min.js"></script>
              <form id="mktoForm_xxxx" style=”display:none”></form>
              <script>MktoForms2.loadForm("//app-sjo.marketo.com", "452-ZON-215", xxxx);</script>

var myForm = MktoForms2.allForms()[0];
              myForm.addHiddenFields({
                              //These are the values which will be submitted to Marketo
                              "Email":"test@example.com",
                              });
              myForm.submit();