The Marketing Automation Specialist is responsible for the development, implementation and execution of email marketing campaigns and initiatives. In this capacity, the Specialist partners closely with internal teams to define and launch campaigns across various channels. The position is responsible for the development and management protocols and tools to continually monitor, report, and analyze programs and campaigns on a regular basis.
- Receive and document requests for new bulk communication, determine best channel, placement, and work with stakeholders on developing an execution plan. Execute campaigns within agreed upon service level agreement.
- Analyze the organization’s overall email channel and prepare monthly summary reports on email engagement, lessons learned, and prepare recommendations for optimization.
- Maintain marketing calendar and coordinate with segment teams and other stakeholders within the organization to schedule and manage priorities of emails.
- Coordinate with segment marketing teams and internal stakeholders to schedule and manage email priorities, as well as email calendar for promotional emails and projects using forecasting and trend analysis to meet financial and customer engagement goals.
- Lead technical enablement of A/B testing, encourage testing and continuous improvement. Lead technical implementation of dynamic content to improve the relevance of existing campaigns and reduce overall volume of emails.
- Maintain an inventory of outbound emails with frequency, product owner, target audience, category and performance.
- Partner with the SHRM.org team to transform email newsletter process using artificial intelligence to deliver a personal and engaging experience.
- Proactively identity similar types of communications and negotiate changes and consultation with stakeholders. Escalate conflicts to the Email Governance Committee.
- Identify email automation candidates. Work with stakeholders to lead technical enablement of automation efforts including email, recommend other marketing channels as appropriate.
- Build complex database queries against Boolean, string, date, and integer database fields using AND, OR, NOT, EQUALS, and date logic operators. Build relational database queries using one-to-many and many-to-many relationships.
- Monitor and report out on SHRM’s email sender score. Recommend changes to improve deliverability and list hygiene practices to cleanse database as necessary in consultation with the Email Governance Committee.
- Maintain marketing automation database. Partner with IT and make sure integration points are working as designed. Upload missing data and/or partner with IT to setup new automated import processes.
- Monitor email delivery metrics and notify Email Governance Committee of any unusual changes in abuse complaints, opt-outs, or deliverability.
- Enforce email brand standards to ensure that all emails conform to branding and style guides. Consult with internal stakeholders to correct any issues and bring them into compliance. Maintain email preference center and opt-out compliance. Ensure emails are mapped to the correct customer preference. Audit that opt-out requests are processed according with CAN-SPAM.
- Point of contact for GDPR request, process requests to be removed from the database.
- Partner with customer care department to provide tier 2 support for member deliverability issues.
- High School diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or a related field preferred.
- 4 years of experience in email marketing
- Experience using a Marketing Automation Platform (Marketo, IBM Marketing Cloud, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Pardot)
- Experience using dynamic content to enable personalization
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Conflict negotiation skills
- Ability to troubleshoot HTML and CSS coding problems
- Understating of basic programming concepts including: variables, order of operations, logic operators, inner and outer database joins.
- Proficient with MS Office
- Proficient with email service providers including Marketo, ExactTarget, Silverpop, MailChimp, etc.
- Knowledge of dynamic content principles and data to drive personalization
- Detail oriented and focused on accuracy
- Strong collaboration skills
- Marketo certification
- Google Analytics certification
- Knowledge of IP warming and reputation monitoring
- Knowledge of email regulations including CAN-SPAM and Canada’s Anti-Spam Law (CASL)
- Creative writing skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
This job requires occasional travel 0-10%.
The Society for Human Resource Management is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or TDD (703) 548-6990.