3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2018 10:58 AM by Kalyn Ortiz

Recently Changed Default Brand Domain and In-Text Links Don't Work

Kalyn Ortiz

Recently we changed our branded domain from mkto-XXXX.com to our new branded domain and now any text that has an attached hyperlink that is either a "mailto:" or other marketo landing page is broken. However, our buttons that have marketo landing page links associated to them in the email DO work. When we UNTRACK the in-text hyperlinks, the recipient is able to visit the marketo landing page; however, when they're tracked (which we would like them to be), they redirect to our fall-back page.

Can anyone help??

DMUG friends?Rusty Hall Karen Sesona

• Re: Recently Changed Default Brand Domain and In-Text Links Don't Work
          Rusty Hall

Hey there Kalyn! Yikes! it's a total bummer and I have been there. (Sadly) I encountered a similar issue with a former client.

This issue is caused most often from there not being an SSL certificate installed on your Marketo email server. When you click a link in a Marketo email, it first routs the traffic through a Marketo server which is tracking the clicks in the email. (That's why you see the URL change as it passes through the server) Most browsers like Chrome and Firefox enforce HTTPS and will to go to a redirected URL without it. If there's no SSL Cert. on the email server, most browsers will block it. A good check would be check your links in Safari. At the time I was trouble shooting this issue Safari would still let you use HTTP.

All this to say, you need to ask your Marketo support contact to check on the status of the SSL certificate on the email tracking server. Provide them with you're domain's SSL Cert and have them install it on the Marketo email server you are using.

Quick question but, are you on a dedicated email server with Marketo?

Please feel free to reach out to me for any additional help.

-R

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: Recently Changed Default Brand Domain and In-Text Links Don't Work
            Rusty Hall

Here's a link to the thread where I finally got some answers and was able to fix the issue.

Branded Domain Broke All Email Links

1 of 1 people found this helpful