I'm hiring for a producer role that will live in our Marketo instance and WordPress site supporting digital fundraising campaigns for Massachusetts General Hospital. Please see info below and full posting/application athttps://partners.taleo.net/careersection/ghc/jobdetail.ftl?job=3071231 or contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job title: Digital Marketing Producer
Location: Boston, MA
What is this role?
The Digital Marketing Producer is an integral member of the Development Office’s digital marketing program. The role is responsible for all phases of digital production to support the MGH Fund including set up of programs in Marketo, management of email scripting in Velocity, development of email templates in HTML, management of landing pages and donation form creation in WordPress and all related production and quality assurance tasks. The Digital Marketing Producer will translate requirements, content and direction from strategy documents from the MGH Fund and its direct marketing agency into successful email and digital marketing programs, ensuring on time delivery of error-free campaigns, email launches and ad flights. This role works closely with Development colleagues to ensure digital projects are completed on time and perform as expected. They are responsible for identifying and bringing forth new customer needs for the development and implementation of new technologies, templates and tactics and requires the ability to attend and facilitate frequent client-facing meetings. The ideal candidate will have experience with marketing automation, web publishing, email marketing, online advertising and social media tools, and possess a high level of creativity, initiative and energy. They will be an exceptional individual contributor and a team player, with a strong sense of professional ethics, and the ability to work effectively in a large, complex, dynamic, and sophisticated organization.
Who are we and what to we do?
About Mass General: Massachusetts General Hospital is one of the world’s top academic medical centers. Founded in 1811, it is the third oldest general hospital in the United States and the original and largest teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, where nearly all our staff physicians serve on the faculty. We remain committed to the simple vow of service that our founders made in a letter seeking community support for Mass General’s creation: “When in distress, every man becomes our neighbor.” More than two centuries later, that promise sustains our commitment to deliver the most advanced and compassionate care to patients and their families. As home to the largest hospital-based research program in the nation, we continue to push the boundaries of what is possible in medicine. And as we strive to make a difference today in the health of communities locally and around the world, we prepare for tomorrow by educating the next generation of healthcare providers and researchers.
About the Development Office: The Development Office is a vibrant and collaborative team focused on advancing the hospital’s mission of healthcare excellence. We are devoted to nurturing and expanding the philanthropy that makes the pursuit of this mission possible. We offer a competitive benefits package including generous healthcare and retirement plans, an annual Development team bonus program (based on meeting the fundraising goal) and a flexible work environment. We also provide an array of professional development opportunities.
About the MGH Fund: Responsible for raising $10 million+ annually, the MGH Fund supports initiatives throughout the hospital in five key areas at the discretion of the hospital president: patient care, biomedical research, community and global health, recruitment and retention of the best and brightest physicians and researchers, and supporting the Mass General employee community.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Create marketing automation programs using Marketo, coding in Velocity and HTML
- Create ad campaigns in AdRoll, Google AdWords and other online ad networks
- Create email templates, coding in HTML
- Create plans to track attribution across all channels
- Manage and produce reporting and data exports from Marketo and collaborate with the MGH Fund and Information Management teams on reporting and analytics; make strategic recommendations based on performance results
- Produce web content in WordPress; develop custom templates in HTML
- Work with the department’s template library to produce email marketing campaigns
- Develop new templates in HTML and work with designers to translate designs into code
- Ensure that all marketing materials comply with all brand and style guidelines, serve as a final check on all web and email content; ensure technical accuracy of web and other digital content; perform W3C validation and cross-browser testing
- Ensure that all images are properly formatted and optimized for the web
- Troubleshoot technical issues with the MGH Fund website and perform daily quality assurance checks to ensure a consistent user experience for donors, prospects and other website visitors; perform regression testing and unit testing on all new web projects
- Customize email templates and extend templates as needed; identify new template needs and articulate requirements to technical leads; code in HTML and develop modules for the department’s email pattern library.
- Respond to new project requests and evaluate the appropriate solution needed
- Manage workflow for template development using source control (Git)
- Identify changes to project deadlines and help manage expectations of users in the Development Office
- Work with members of the MGH Fund and Information Management Teams to develop email marketing lists and ensure unsubscribe requests and other list maintenance is reflected in the Department’s CRM, Raiser’s Edge, develop criteria for list selects
- Manage redirects for the MGH Fund’s web site and configure them using Regular Expressions, deploy to the server (NGINX)
- Stay abreast of latest trends and emerging best practices and provide instruction and mentorship to staff
- Participate in weekly planning calls and other meetings as appropriate and work with members of the MGH Fund, Integrated Marketing and Communications, Information Management Team and direct marketing agency to ensure timely completion of projects and accurate deadline management
- Prepare and regularly update progress reports
- Contribute to maintaining positive office morale, even in the face of high work volume and challenging periods
- Take on other office-wide duties at the request of Development leadership
- Adhere to the mission, credo, and standards of behavior of Mass General Hospital
Bachelor’s degree, required. A minimum of 3-5 years related technical experience required; experience in technology and digital marketing required. The ideal candidate will also possess the following skills, abilities and competencies:
- Experience with marketing automation, direct marketing, web publishing, email marketing, online advertising and social media tools
- Experience with creating Marketing automation tools, especially in Marketo
- Experience with content management systems and ecommerce platforms, especially WordPress
- Experience with ecommerce and web forms especially Gravity Forms
- Experience with cross-browser and cross platforms testing
- Experience managing digital advertising campaigns
- Experience with digital attribution and source tracking
- Proficient with HTML/CSS and well versed in modern web site publishing practices using a CMS, comfortable hand coding
- Knowledge of Velocity and other templating language
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Knowledge of writing regular expressions and coding RegEx
- Familiarity with PHP and object-oriented programming
- In depth knowledge of interactive marketing technologies and strategies and innovations
- Experience managing multiple web technologies and applications
- Experience with email marketing tactics and managing email marketing campaigns
- Experience with search engine optimization and search engine marketing practices
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills
- Persuasive verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong technical skill set
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with customer support processes
- Excellent project management abilities
- Well organized and able to multi-task
- Ability to set priorities and achieve established goal
Health Care Coverage
- Medical, dental and vision coverage are available at the following levels
- Employee and spouse
- Employee and children
- Two medical plan options help you stay healthy and protect you in the event of illness or injury
- A prescription drug benefit offers you both pharmacy and mail order services
- Two dental plans provide the level of coverage that is right for you and your family
- A vision care plan offers a cost-effective way for you and your family to get annual comprehensive eye exams and corrective lenses
- Two flexible spending accounts save you tax dollars and reduce your out-of-pocket costs for health care and dependent day care
- Long-term disability (LTD) insurance is available for financial protection in the event you cannot work due to an extended illness or injury
- Basic group life insurance in an amount equal to your annual salary will provide protection for your survivors
- Optional group-term life insurance allows you to purchase additional life insurance for yourself, your spouse or your dependents
- Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance is available to protect you and your spouse
- A hospital-paid retirement plan provides a retirement foundation upon which you can build
- A tax-sheltered annuity plan offers you an additional, tax-smart way to save for the future
- Our retiree medical plan is designed to help eligible employees pay the cost of medical coverage after retirement
- Mass General also offers employees numerous benefits, perks and conveniences to help balance work and personal commitments.
- Earned time - Our employees accrue time off based on years of service and standard hours. This bank of earned time is used for holidays (Mass General observes nine), illness, vacation and personal days. New, full-time employees may earn up to 29 days annually, and the accrual rate is pro-rated for part-time employees. Best of all, at Mass General earned time is not “use it or lose it.” There are options to roll over or cash out unused time. The rate at which time is accrued begins to increase at five years of service.
- Fitness center - Employees have access to The Clubs at Charles River Park, a full-service fitness center located directly behind the hospital’s main campus. All benefits-eligible Mass General employees or Mass General-based Partners employees can join the Clubs at a special, substantially discounted rate.
- Resources for child care and emergency back-up child care - In recognition of the complex needs and schedules of working families, we offer subsidized child care at two Mass General-owned facilities, a back-up child care center to provide emergency child care for both patients and employees and also access to Care.com back-up care (emergency in-home child care).
- “Dinners To Go” - On nights when cooking dinner doesn’t fit in, Mass General’s Dining Service offers nutritious meals to be purchased to-go.
- Wellness programs - Be Fit is a Mass General wellness program that guides our employees to a healthier lifestyle by teaching them how to eat better and incorporate exercise into their daily lives. Participants work with Mass General nutritionists and personal trainers during this 10-week journey, in which they compete with co-workers as they make a commitment to “Be Fit, Eat Right and Live Healthy.” In addition, Mass General's Benson-Henry Institute for Mind Body Medicine offers programs for staff that focus on the relaxation response, positive coping strategies, physical activity, nutrition, social support and other wellness programs.
- Main campus amenities - Getting to the bank or pharmacy before they close can be a challenge. That’s why our main campus houses a pharmacy, post office, banking terminals, hair salon and a hospital gift shop that offers not only items of convenience, but also unique gift items, greeting cards and hospital apparel.
- Perks discounts - Our employees enjoy discounts on tickets and passes for everything from ski resorts to museums to sporting events.
- Pet insurance - We offer the opportunity for employees to purchase insurance for their pets.
- Subsidized MBTA pass - Employees working 20 or more hours per week are eligible for a public transportation subsidy, available through payroll deduction.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Through the EAP, Mass General employees are provided with free, confidential consultation, short-term counseling, resources and referrals to help address a variety of work/life, family or personal concerns.
Read about all our benefits at https://www.massgeneral.org/careers/healthcareandretirementbenefits/ and https://www.massgeneral.org/careers/worklifebenefits/
Mass General is committed to diversity among its employees and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.