AnsweredAssumed Answered

Email Preference Center Setup

Question asked by Jennifer Bishop on Aug 10, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 20, 2018 by Sean Richards

My company is in the process of brainstorming categories and processes for an email preference center, because right now we only have a one-click unsubscribe option.  Few questions that I was hoping someone could help me out with:

-If an email has 3 tags (let's say newsletter, promotion, and cloud technology), but the person only opted in to receive newsletters, will they still receive this email?  Or do they need to be subscribed to all 3 categories/tags to get it?

-We want to subscribe people to our vendor's emails, but feel it would be overwhelming to include 20+ options to select what vendor emails they'd like to receive.  As a workaround, would it make sense to have triggered campaigns setup in the background that could add them to vendor lists to receive certain emails?  Meaning if we have the person select what technologies they are interested in, can we tie a triggered campaign to their selection?  For example, if a person selects that they are interested in cloud/carrier services, can we add them to Cisco email sends?

Thanks!

Outcomes