SOLVED

FWD to Friend ERROR

Go to solution
Kim_Allen
Level 10

FWD to Friend ERROR

I found a related thread but with no definate answer (https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PWMIAA4).

I get this error: Your Contact Information could not be validated. Unable to Forward to a friend.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: FWD to Friend ERROR

Hey Kim,

Typically you'll get this when trying to use forward toa friend out of a test email.  Is this where you're seeing it come out?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Kim,

Typically you'll get this when trying to use forward toa friend out of a test email.  Is this where you're seeing it come out?

Pavel_Plachky
Level 5

I tested it today and found that if you select a test lead record during the test send, then the forward link works. Otherwise it does not.

Apparently Marketo needs to attribute the forwarding action to a record in the lead database. This means that if a test is forwarded, the forward action may not be attributed to the person who forwarded, but to the person whose record was used to create the test email. Therefore it is better to have the people who will forward the email receive the production emails rather than tests.

Kim_Allen
Level 10

You are totally right, Kenny. It was a case of the Monday brain lol. Thanks!