Join the Marketing Operations team at SDL! I'm hiring a marketing operations manager to join my team as the owner of our Marketo instance. Please apply at the following link or feel free to email me directly at: email@example.com
Location: Wakefield, MA | Boulder, CA | Maidenhead, UK
Who are we?
SDL is a leading global provider of products and services that enable the creation, localization, management and delivery of content. Our customers include 79 of the world’s top 100 brands that depend on us for transformative solutions that further human understanding. We are a British public company with a proud history of innovation over 25 years, including 91 patents and more than 3,700 employees working in 54 offices in 38 countries.
What is this role?
We’re searching for a marketing automation professional to manage the day-to-day operation of our Marketo application and related marketing technologies. Our busy marketing team depends on marketing operations to support a robust campaign calendar. As an active and involved member of the marketing operations team, the Marketing Operations manager will continuously champion and advance the use of marketing automation within SDL.
The Marketing Operations Manager reports to the Senior Manager, Marketing Operations and can be located in the UK in our Maidenhead (London) headquarters office, or in the United States in Wakefield, MA (Boston area), or Superior, CO (Denver area). Relocation is not available for this position.
- Own the day-to-day relationship with Marketo, identifying, escalating and closing support requests
- Own assigned projects and drive to completion, collaborating when necessary with other marketing, sales operations and IT team members
- Gather and interpret requirements to support Field Marketing, Demand Generation and Sales in line with our strategy; provide guidance and insights to campaign owners regarding segmentation of lists
- Manage system maintenance, improvements and technology acquisition as required, build and maintain smart lists
- Manage marketing assets, specifically Marketo email templates and lead generation forms on sdl.com landing pages
- Analyze and make recommendations to improve the existing lead scoring model and implement approved changes
- Develop, implement and support a subscription management (“preference center”) and marketing opt-in process in Marketo, taking into consideration regional data requirements
- Understand the end-to-end flow of marketing data for optimization and reporting purposes
- Drive the concept and roll-out of scalable, self-service marketing performance metrics, benchmarks, reports and dashboards in cooperation with other marketing operations team members
- Understand and utilize Sirius Decisions campaign management best practices
- Work cross-functionally within the SDL organization to ensure timely delivery of Marketing Operations projects in support of SDL’s strategic goals
- 5 years’ experience working with Marketo or similar marketing automation technologies that are integrated with Salesforce and other MarTech applications
- At least 2 years’ experience with Marketo administrative functions; Marketo Certification is required
- Experience using Salesforce Campaign, Opportunity, Lead/Contact and Account objects as well as building reports and dashboards
- Advanced functional understanding of the campaign management process, attribution and measurement, and marketing funnel management
- Business analytic skills with the ability to extract insights from data
- Understanding of core marketing concepts and best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of an organization, and comfortable working in a highly diverse, distributed work environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Ahhmazing benefits. (Seriously.)
- Infinite training, professional development and personal growth opportunities
- The rare opportunity to impact how organizations communicate globally. There’s a reason we work with 78 of the top 100 brands.
- Smart, engaged co-workers, a culture of innovation and opportunity.
- Casual dress, flexible work schedule / environment