Our marketing team wants to target their marketing efforts towards four functional groups / departments within a company, I.T., Security, Operations, and BC/DR. We are trying to think of the best way to create a segmentation that categorizes and buckets our database based on these four groups, but have yet to find a perfect solution.
Here's the three way's we've thought of...
- Build out segmentation that filters on keywords within job titles
- Requires lots of manual work at the beginning, being able to determine keywords and job titles to filter on for each segment/bucket
- Use a third party database tool to append the department level data
- Won't be able to match 100% of our database which leaves a gap, and the department values they give us do not necessarily align with the four areas we want to target
- Add a new field on our forms/in our DB, and allow BDR/Sales to update that field when adding directly to the CRM
- We already have a lot of fields on our forms and are concerned about form drop-off because of all the fields
How have others been able to filter/segment on department-level data? Any other way I haven't thought of? Any way that works best for you?