3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2018 11:54 AM by Janet Leonhard

Discoverorg.com Experience?

Julia Tilley

Hello,

Our team is looking at using Discoverorg.com (we currently use Zoominfo). Do any of you use Discoverorg.com (currently or in the past)? If so, how did you use it and what made you select them? Did you use it in conjunction with their SF integration? Is there anything we should watch out for or be aware of before making the switch?

Thanks!

Julia Tilley

• Re: Discoverorg.com Experience?
          Janet Leonhard

Hi Julia!

I LOVE Discoverorg.com! I've used Zoominfo, ReachForce, and the like. Our SF users use DiscoverOrg within SF. As a MOPS person, I currently use Discoverorg outside of SF. I used it to bump lists, pull data to append based on business email addresses. We plan to get the DO webhook working from within Marketo as soon as we can.

The big difference, in my mind, is that DO is unlimited use for the fee; where Zoominfo & RF are points based (or at least they used to be.) I feel like it's so much easier to utilize the tool when not worrying about the points part.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: Discoverorg.com Experience?
            Caroline Brown

Hey, Julia.  Our Sales team currently uses DiscoverOrg.  The issue I've had is that you have to purchase segments to access specific company sizes, titles, regions, etc.  They're the only vendor I've come across that's like that - and it's very frustrating (and expensive!) if you're a global company that has a broad product footprint and need to access a variety of titles.  Right now each user has their own SF integration set up inside the DO platform, and they can map their own fields...which I really don't like.  I'm looking into setting up the integration so that they can access the data from within a SF visual force window, and I think I'll have more control over field mapping.  When I was looking at expanding our contract, one thing that really concerned me is that if a person isn't in their database, they can't update their firmographic data.  I asked this question 3 times - the first two times I was told they couldn't update the data, and the third time I was told they could.  So if I were you, that's something I would confirm.  Another thing that was surprising is that at the end of our contract, we would have to delete all the records we imported from DO that aren't engaged.  He wouldn't tell me how they defined engaged, or how they enforced the record deletion.

Just as an FYI, we recently signed a contract with ReachForce, and we're paying per record (no need to worry about points).  The downside is that in order to find new contacts, you have to go through the RF platform.  We're going to funnel all import requests through Marketing Ops (rather than let Sales do it themselves).  Our Sales team is fine with this, but I know other teams might not be.

1 of 1 people found this helpful