OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series C, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Thrive Capital, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
We have surpassed 1,900+ government customers (and growing fast!) in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
About the Demand Generation Manager role
OpenGov seeks an ambitious and creative demand generation manager to drive the execution of our demand generation programs. This is an exciting opportunity to make a direct contribution to a fast-growing SaaS startup and gain a broad cross-section of marketing experience. In this role, you’ll be focused on driving demand for the OpenGov Cloud among state and local government agencies. The successful candidate will have impeccable attention to detail, strong communication skills, and will bring a high energy and positive attitude to our team.
• Point person for all marketing automation tasks in our martech stack
• Build and deploy email and database marketing campaigns
• Lead our webinar program including setup, registration, promotion, execution, and follow-up
• Manage paid advertising campaigns including PPC, display advertising, and social advertising
• Manage prospect data, ensuring all information is accurate, including the creation of prospect lists and processing leads in the CRM system.
• Keep the team focused on growth by providing visibility of growth KPIs (e.g. conversion rate, growth rate) across the different tactics and campaigns
• Execute ad-hoc data quality projects as needed to maintain database integrity
• Present data-driven recommendations to management
Ideal Candidate Brings
• 2-5 years of experience in digital marketing
• Proficient with Salesforce and Marketo or similar marketing automation tools to manage lead database and run lead scoring and nurture campaigns
• Proven track record of execution and driving growth
• Impeccable attention to detail and attention to deadlines
• Excellent written communications skills for email and landing page copy
• Strong analytical skills, including:
• Excel proficiency
• Basic HTML skills
• Qualified candidates will have a B.A. in Business, Marketing, or a related field of study
• Comfortable in a start-up environment with an “all hands on deck” mentality.
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs and SF Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: $80 million, Series C company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Thrive Capital, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
» Growth: Quadruple growth with 1,900+ government customers (and counting) using our products!
» Perks: Fully stocked kitchens, daily breakfast and catered lunches, gym reimbursement, music room, zen room, foosball and pool table, Unlimited PTO and 10 paid holidays, 100% medical premium coverage for employees, fun events, and more! Just look at www.opengov.com/careers
» Product: Named a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, our cloud solution leverages cutting-edge technology to innovate on the core processes of Government. We're powering more effective and accountable government. Come join us and make a positive social impact!