I've set up our brand new RCM and it's the first time I've ever done it as I'm a newbie. It was pretty intuitive and I'm hoping that I can verify it here by the community to make sure I'm doing it right.
Here's how it works:
- The success path transitions track whenever leads change their status (Marketo field called 'Person Status' synced from SFDC) to one on the success path. For example, "Data Value Changed from Lead to Qualified Lead" tracks a lead moving from Lead to Qualified Lead. The logic across the success path uses this filter logic.
- I'm using filters instead of triggers because we're not reliant on this model tracking and updating customer journey stages. It's updated on the SFDC side from our sales team and then synced and tracked in Marketo. In other words we already know which stage a user is at without the RCM. Also, by using filters we can avoid any trigger issues because we don't have a need for this to be tracked instantaneously.
- We're setting up the RCM to better track the inflow and outflow of leads across the various stages though reports. Essentially, we're copying our current process into the RCM in order to gain a little more insight which we currently lack. For instance, we want to be able to see through reporting how many people moved from lead to qualified lead, which the success path analyzer helps with.
- I've already brought over the leads in the system and put them in the correct stages.
- I've also set up the logic for new leads coming into the system (as part of the RCM setup).
1) I'd appreciate some feedback on what I've done so far and any ideas for improvement. Thank you.
2) Do I need to set up any external smart campaigns driving the logic here or is the transition logic in the model enough?
Thank you in advance