SOLVED

Have you suffered from foreign language letters issues?

Go to solution
Ronen-Was-SRpro
Level 7

Have you suffered from foreign language letters issues?

In some cases, I've seen foreign language letters that became question marks when imported lists from Excel.

Have you seen that as well?

My best solution was to use Google Spreadsheet, but I think it's too tedious, any other ideas how to solve this?

Ronen Wasserman
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Have you suffered from foreign language letters issues?

You want to save as the format Excel calls "Unicode Text."

This format is specifically tab-delimited UTF-16 LE with BOM (Little Endian encoding with explicit Byte Order Mark). You don't need to know exactly what that means, but suffice it to say that while it's not “The One True Unicode," it's the format that is the most tightly supported by Marketo.

(Do you have a bot following you around liking and helpful-ing your posts 8 or 9 times? This is looking pretty crazy.)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Have you suffered from foreign language letters issues?

You want to save as the format Excel calls "Unicode Text."

This format is specifically tab-delimited UTF-16 LE with BOM (Little Endian encoding with explicit Byte Order Mark). You don't need to know exactly what that means, but suffice it to say that while it's not “The One True Unicode," it's the format that is the most tightly supported by Marketo.

(Do you have a bot following you around liking and helpful-ing your posts 8 or 9 times? This is looking pretty crazy.)