1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 9, 2018 10:11 AM by Andy Caron

sfdc opportunities without contact person

Ryan Parisi

We are about to connect our SFDC and Marketo. However, we have some SFDC opportunites that have no contact person associated. The Marketo docs state:

How does Marketo associate opportunities and contacts?

Marketo associates Opportunities and contacts using Opportunity Contact Roles. Opportunities without any Contact Roles assigned will sync to Marketo, but won't belong to anyone. For example, the person won't qualify the Has Opportunity filter.

Where do these opportunities live in Marketo? Its my understanding that as a "Person" database IF someone is associated it'll show but if not it wouldn't live anywhere until someone is associated. Is that correct?

• Re: sfdc opportunities without contact person
          Andy Caron

Hey Ryan,

Opportunities live off the Person Record. I've outlined the steps below for finding the information for associated in the Database and not associated in Analytics.

I highly recommend going through and updating contact roles in SFDC, particularly if you're considering any sort of attribution platform like Bizible. I know it can be difficult to get sales people to take that step, but if there is a reason why it usually helps.

Andy

1) Start by navigating to "Database" from the Marketo ball drop down (you can also get to a Person detail from any list, smart list or program member list)

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 11.48.35 AM.png

2) Maximize your "System Smart Lists" folder and select "All People". From there you can search for anyone or browse from the available record. Once you select a Person, they will be highlighted in orange. Double click on any part of the orange line that does not have underlined text. (OR modify your "View" to see Opportunity Fields see 2.1).

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 11.49.06 AM.png

2.1) Modify your "View" to see Opportunity Fields. (here I've created a view for looking at opportunity information.

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 12.02.32 PM.png

3) This will take you to the Person Detail. Once there click across the tabs to "Opportunity Info". Here you will be able to see all associated opportunity information.

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 11.48.20 AM.png

4) You can also view Opportunity data in Analytics. Start by navigating to "Analytics" from the Marketo ball drop down. Then select Opportunity Influence Analyzer.

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 11.47.54 AM.png

5) Select an Account and Opportunity. This will show you both Persons with Contact Roles and those associated with the Account but not with the Opportunity.

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 11.47.37 AM.png

6) From there you can see each of the program successes that have influenced an opportunity.

success path analyser.png

1 of 1 people found this helpful