WHAT IS A MARKETING CONSULTANT ANYWAY?
Our job is to make our clients happy, and that means helping them succeed as marketers. The Marketing Consultant (MC), under the direction of the Customer Success Director will work with a team of marketing automation experts focused on delivering end-to-end demand generation programs for clients. The MC will own and execute on project segments to produce uncommon results (hyper-value). The MC will be expected to manage multiple project segments for a variety of clients at any given time to ensure success of LeadMD’s client organizations.
- One (1) or more years ‘best practices’ business consulting in B2B digital marketing, automated demand generation OR a proven track record of impacting business process decisions within your organization
- Two (2) or more years using Marketo in a B2B or B2C mid to enterprise environment (250 employees+), specifically in an advanced/admin capacity
- 2+ years in Digital Marketing roles at a manager level or above
- Experience with marketing analytics a plus
- Marketo Mastery! Build programs and campaigns, manage data, troubleshoot issues and report building.
- Managing timelines and expectations to ensure client programs are completed on-time and within budget
- Managing direct client communications and project deliverables
- Developing a clear understanding of the comprehensive LeadMD methodology
- Patiently train client-side resources to take over our work and create frameworks that set them up for success
- Documenting requirements regarding business needs and translate them appropriately into technical specifications including knowledge transfer and documentation from clients and internal sales, setting up initial documents and collaboration sites, and ensuring all project steps are completed and documentation is completed and delivered to the client.
- Maintaining a strong working knowledge of the modern sales and marketing technology stack
- Works engagements as a technical resource and can, at times, mentor other consultants on methods and projects
- Provides hands-on subject matter expertise and overall best practices
- Proficient and certified on Marketo and Salesforce.com as well as other LeadMD platforms
- Ability to assist in strategic workshops for clients and recommend strategic direction for engagements.
- Ability to help prioritize marketing initiatives in relationship to greatest impact on client revenue goals or KPIs
- Works on several customer projects at the same time, and must have the ability to constantly shift gears, solve problems, synthesize ideas, and listen to changing needs.
- A minimum of two-years as a power user or Admin of Marketo, proof of certification will be required OR A minimum of two-years as a power user or Marketing Automation systems: Pardot, Eloqua, Exact Target, IBM Silverpop, or IBM Unica
- Exposure to at least two separate marketing automation environments/companies
- A minimum of two-years working with a CRM as a power user at minimum, preferably Salesforce.com
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities
- Intermediate level of understanding client management and project budgeting skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills — principles and people, advocates team concept
- Experience successfully working in fast–paced, entrepreneurial environments with minimal guidance
- Results orientated with ability to balance other business considerations
- Phenomenal communication skills – both written, verbal and non-verbal
- An understanding and use of social media for business
- Passion for professional learning and development – have a love/love relationship with critique
- Four-year university degree; Marketing specialization preferred but comparable years of experience in marketing acceptable. MBA a plus