AnsweredAssumed Answered

Best way to organize an ongoing email/landing page lead gen program with no specific offer

Question asked by Mike P on Jun 14, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 14, 2018 by Mike P

We're new to Marketo and trying to figure out the optimal way to set up a program/programs to account for a fairly regular marketing activity that isn't exactly addressed in any of the Marketo standard templates or recommendations.

I want this to be our best practice template moving forward so that we can get the most out of tracking, ease of duplication, etc.

The basic process would be:

1. We receive a CSV of leads from one of our partners
  2. We upload them into Marketo
  3. We send an email to them shortly thereafter (triggered immediately or a wait step to send at a specific time that day)
  4. The email sent has a CTA that directs to a landing page with form that essentially just asks them to connect with our company (general language- no real offer)
  5. On form submit, we either webhook the lead over to our CRM (custom) or send an email to a group email distro of sales reps so that the can be contacted

We would do this every day, and the list upload would be manual as this is a test and we want to make sure the leads are decent before setting up anything more automated via the API.

It's a very simple process, but I've heard differing ways of how to set this up in order to get the best reporting and operational ease (one program vs. multiple programs with "listening" programs). In some ways it's closer to a transactional email than a true marketing effort, given that there's no specific offer and it's essentially an email that sends people to a contact us page.

What would be the best way to organize this into a program/channel? (e.g. Should we break the email and form/landing page into separate programs or do they all sit in one? For every email, should we create a new program, or would it be better to set up one default program with a trigger campaign based on people being added to a static list, then we simply rinse and repeat that list every day?)

I may be overthinking this, but want to make sure we're setting ourselves up for success. Appreciate any help!

Outcomes