Importing trusted list into email program - missing Marketo field options

Shawn_Granniss
Level 2

Importing trusted list into email program - missing Marketo field options

Hi,

I am uploading a CSV into a email program. When i go to choose the fields that didnt show up in the auto-detect, Lead owner first name, lead owner last name, and lead owner email address aren't available.

How do I make these re-appear?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Importing trusted list into email program - missing Marketo field options

Those are system run fields and may not be imported.

If you want, you can create custom field to import to, then play off of during a batch sync.

Shawn_Granniss
Level 2

Thank you. What is the reason for why they may not be imported?

Is that relatively simple? Would I do this in Admin>Field Management?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Importing trusted list into email program  - missing Marketo field options

Hi Shawn,

There is no way you can import these fields. They are computed from the user object when syncing from a CRM. If you do not use a CRM sync, these data can be loaded to Marketo using the "sales person" API endpoint, but not the import tool.

-Greg

Shawn_Granniss
Level 2

Thanks for clarifying. I still don't understand the reason for this. This seems like one of those things that Marketo makes more difficult for no apparent reason.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I still don't understand the reason for this. This seems like one of those things that Marketo makes more difficult for no apparent reason.

Remember that the owner fields are references to another table/object, rather than flat fields on the lead. So you shouldn't expect to set those values.by importing a single-dimensional row of data into the Person/Lead object.

Creating/updating the reference via import would be nice, but that would never involve the First, Last, or Email Address of the owner -- all of which may change over time and must not break the reference -- just the unique identifier of the owner in the owner table.

But the wider question is why you want to reference the owner. If you're not integrated w/CRM (not sure if you are or aren't) what exactly makes you want a Salesperson ref as opposed to another custom field on the lead?