Can I Add a CC to an Email?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I Add a CC to an Email?

We require a copy of onboarding emails to be archived for auditing purposes. Ive looked through tons of discussions on here but nothing was recent so just wanted to be sure the functionality to cc an email is NOT in Marketo. Has Marketo added this yet? This is a major requirement for us and impacts our business. 

Thanks!

Christina
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I Add a CC to an Email?

Hi Christina, 
at the moment is CC/BCC not possible. Just search for ideas, there are a few which are about the CC topic. 

Here is an example: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000HseiAAC

Normally there are good workarounds, if you tell us your business case and why you need it so important maybe anyone has an idea.

Best regards

Steffen
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're using Send Email, you could add a Send Alert in your program flow. It's not CC but you could get a copy of the email this way.

Anonymous
Not applicable

A copy or the actual copy sent? I need to see the to and from address info for our auditing. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you wanted an actual copy sent you could add "Email Address is...(the email address of your archive) Smart List criteria to your sends. It's a fairly manual process, but it accomplishes what you are looking for.

Justin

Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

I feel like you could solve this by adding yourself to the lists that are included in your email sends. Perhaps you can create a segmentation around 'valid', 'invalid' and 'internal' email addresses. Then, with each send, you could select 'valid' and 'internal' in order to be included on the right sends. Although you'll have to audit this smart list, it would accomplish the general 'cc' of what you're looking for.

Another (more manual, but effective) way to track this would be to create a google form where all emails to be sent are requested. If you include copy and fill in the results (IE # delivered, # opened, etc.) afterward the send you'll end up with a very thorough snap shot of what's going on email-wise.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Christina, I moved your question to a better location so that more people will be able to access it.