7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2018 2:06 PM by Grégoire Michel

Passing Values into Hidden Fields via Cookie & Parameters

JP LaCount

I've read just about every article about this, and it seems so easy in the Marketo docs, but I just can't get it to work. I'm trying to pass a value into a hidden field on a form via a cookie. I'm quite technical, but I must be overlooking something and I'm getting bizarre results. Here's my issue(s):

I set a cookie for anyone landing on the website with a specific parameter. I've verified the cookie is getting set and is present throughout testing.

Here is my test:

I've created two hidden fields, one that pulls from the URL Parameter, the other pulls from the Cookie Value.

My results:

1. When the user comes from deeper within the site (indirectly to the Marketo landing page), and the parameter is no longer in the URL, it is somehow still passing into a hidden field via the Get Value From: "URL Parameter".
      2. When the user comes in directly to the Marketo landing page with the form present (and the parameter in the url), it is not picked up by either the "URL Parameter" or the "Cookie Value" - both of which are present.

So, the parameter is getting passed by the URL Parameter, when none is present - (maybe somehow it's pulling from the cookie?), and is not when both the URL parameter and cookie is present.

Any ideas?