7 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2018 3:52 PM by Marcie Fontecchio

Turn off Scoring for EU

Marcie Fontecchio

What do you think is the fastest way to turn off scoring for anyone in the EU/anyone who has not opted into cookie consent (we're just doing EU right now, but that could change)? Am I just going to have to add a qualifier in all of my individual scoring Smart Campaigns? If so, is anyone using a Segmentation to filter out non-opted-in EU leads, or will a Smart List suffice, or is there another option I'm not considering? I'm concerned about processing time.

• Re: Turn off Scoring for EU
          Grégoire Michel

Hi Marcie,

When we implement scoring, we set up a "Do Not Score" smart list and all of the scoring campaigns have a choice that says:

• If member of "do not score", then score = 0
          • Default score = +X or -Y

It's then pretty easy to add some criteria to the Do Not Score smart list if needed.

This smart list is maintained in the scoring program and is unique. This makes it easy to implement, easy to evolve and adjust as your governance changes.

-Greg

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Marcie Fontecchio

Thanks, that's what I figured would be necessary. Do you have any issues with processing time (i.e. Marketo not realizing that a lead is a member of that Smart List in time and qualifying them for the campaign)?

Grégoire Michel

You will note that the smart campaign is used as choice filter, not as a filter in combination with a trigger. For scoring campaigns that are related to forms fillouts or data value changes, there can be a processing time issue. To avoid these, we usually setup a with step of 2/3 minutes at the beginning of the flow. Not a 100% fail proof, but good enough.

Also, I prefer to score on changes to program statuses rather than on lead scoring.

-Greg

Sanford Whiteman

There's something off in your question, though.

What activities are you scoring?  If you have respected the person's cookie opt-out (more precisely, their lack of opt-in) then you will not know about the Visits Web Page and Clicks Link activities at all.