AnsweredAssumed Answered

GDPR Example and questions

Question asked by Patrick Cash on May 14, 2018
Latest reply on May 21, 2018 by Vineela Maram

Hi Nation!

Like most marketers, we are trying to ensure we are in compliance with GDPR. I keep reading that GDPR compliance needs to come in the form of an unchecked checkbox on forms to show 'explicit consent'. However, I have yet to see this in practice. Below is an example landing page from Salesforce. As you can see, when you select an EU country (France for example), they offer a checkbox to opt into email marketing, but the GDPR disclaimer simply states that by completing the form and submitting, you are giving consent to have your information stored:

By registering, you confirm that you agree to the storing and processing of your personal data by Salesforce as described in the Privacy Statement.

Salesforce Example: https://www.salesforce.com/form/events/webinars/form-rss/1662434?d=cta-header-7

Questions:

1. Is anyone else going with this approach (you submit, you give consent)?
  2. If not, how is your company approaching gathering this consent? Could you provide an example of a landing page you have rolled out that captures this consent?
  3. If you have two checkboxes, one for GDPR consent and one for email marketing consent, what do you do if the submitter wants email marketing messages, but doesn't agree to consent of storing and processing data? Yes, this is illogical, but I have seen people drive the wrong way on one-way streets; it will happen eventually.

Thanks in advance!

Outcomes