SOLVED

Smart Campaign only shows 0 members

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smart Campaign only shows 0 members

Hello,

I've created a smart campaign as part of a program which tracks Person is Created (trigger) and a whether or not they have a user id (filter which is appended according to our business case upon sign up).

As soon as someone signs up they are added to the database and assigned a user id.

I created a test account and signed up. The results tab shows the details of my actions properly and assigns the correct flow steps. However, the campaign shows 0 members.

Why is that? Is this an error or working as intended? I'd love an explanation because I thought they would be a member of that campaign if they satisfy the criteria define in the smart list.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Laberge1
Level 4

Re: Smart Campaign only shows 0 members

If the "user ID" field is requested or provided from an external source there can be a delay. As well as if you are running a lot of campaigns at the same time too.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Programs don't monitor the activity of campaigns within them by default. If you want that smart campaign to add the member to the program you need to add a flow step to do it:

Screenshot 2018-05-14 09.37.28.png

This can sometimes be frustrating, but from the reverse perspective, in order to keep Marketo functional for everyone, it's a necessary 'evil' -- much the same with open/click metrics on an email campaign, unless you watch for them and progress statuses accordingly, it won't just happen.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually meant that I wanted the smart campaign to show people who run through it as members of the campaign, but it wasn't showing. Weirdly enough it's showing the members now. Perhaps a delay?

Justin_Laberge1
Level 4

If the "user ID" field is requested or provided from an external source there can be a delay. As well as if you are running a lot of campaigns at the same time too.