FAIR is looking for a Web
Analyst & Content Optimizer with experience in web development, content marketing and analytics. A successful
candidate will lead a wide-range of content initiatives to help drive website search traffic as well as increase engagement, retention and brand awareness. This role requires a high level of creativity, a deep
understanding of FAIR’s mission, attention to detail, project management skills and a head for data. This position is part of the digital team and reports
to FAIR’s Director of Digital Communications Strategy.
- Identify and implement SEO best practices for the organization
- Define target keywords, identifying growth opportunities, optimize individual website pages, microsites,
blogs, social profiles, etc.
- Define requirements for website page structure that will result in discovery of the website and
content in search engines
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, competitor analysis and audience research to identify
content gaps/opportunities; and drive content planning/creation
- Analyze content performance and use data insights to maximize results
- Elevate and evolve content to acquire, engage and convert online supporters
- Collaborate and provide guidance to organization departments to generate content with SEO and
search marketing best practices always in mind
- Stay up-to-date with best practices in writing for the web, web usability and industry trends
- Manage, track and report SEO and content discovery KPIs
- Support digital team with various tasks (sending emails, posting to blog, creating petitions, posting to website, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field preferred
- 2-4 years of related, proven successful work experience, preferably with an advocacy-oriented non-profit organization or a
- Breadth of digital marketing expertise: website administration, analytics, mobile optimization, SEO
- Deep understanding of content management systems and experience working with mid to large size website (1000+)
- Solid knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Solid foundational understanding of web analytics and traditional digital media KPIs; experience with Google Analytics
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work both cooperatively with departments across the organization and independently
- Demonstrated ability to lead a program with multiple stakeholders and competing priorities,
driving projects to completion
- Proficiency in Google Search Console and
other SEO tools for performance tracking and keyword research highly desired A collaborative spirit and team orientation
- Desire to work in a dynamic policy field Experience creating compelling messages for
- Excellent writing, reporting and editing skills
letter indicating familiarity with FAIR mission, resume and one writing sample are required for your application to be considered. Please submit the required
documents to e-mail address listed on the posting on FAIR’s website (www.fairus.org). Transcripts will be requested if selected for interview.
This position is located at FAIR's headquarters in Washington, D.C. It is a full-time, non-exempt position. FAIR offers generous benefits; salary is commensurate with
experience. The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
(Candidates are encouraged to visit FAIR webpage to learn more about the organization).