Marketo in Higher Ed - using and accessing student data across multiple objects

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo in Higher Ed - using and accessing student data across multiple objects

Hello, I am just wondering if anyone has had any challenges with using marketo within the higher ed space, namely when data is housed in custom objects in Salesforce.  Does Marketo need to be heavily customized to be able to run smart campaigns and send emails based on student enrollment and engagement  (grades/attendance/application status by program, etc)

Is there any documentation around these use cases? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Marketo in Higher Ed - using and accessing student data across multiple objects

there are several threads and summit talks on this. Eric Hollebone is the #1 expert in this space.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marketo in Higher Ed - using and accessing student data across multiple objects

Thanks Josh! Any idea of how I can find these threads? Are you suggesting I search  Eric's name here in the community? I'll also search for summit talks! Thanks!

Jamie_Rodger
Level 3

Hi Juliane,

Don't know if you ended up talking to Eric or found those other articles, but I worked with Eric in a Higher Ed environment. Our Marketo Instance views and operates on custom objects in SFDC (Student Information System Course Registrations) and we also use opportunities (our applications). We have to use velocity script to populate the object's information in an email. I can help you out if you are still looking for information on how to match up your custom objects in SFDC with Marketo.