Lead status is overwritten in SFDC upon Marketo sync

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead status is overwritten in SFDC upon Marketo sync

I'm hoping someone can help. We are encountering some issues within our Salesforce records where the Lead Status is being overwritten by the Marketo sync, yet there are no steps in the campaigns that would prompt a Lead Status overwrite. Can anyone help with why this may be happening?

Thanks!

activity details example.JPG

9 REPLIES 9
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Lead status is overwritten in SFDC upon Marketo sync

field permissions?

Are you sure nothing in Marketo is modifying this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo has permission to update a Lead Status but that particular campaign does not have any triggers to update the status. I don't know what else to look for to try to figure out why Marketo could be doing this. Do you have any suggestions for troubleshooting?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Nacole,

Please display the activity log of the lead and the detail of the sync lead.

The most likely is a salesforce setting or workflow that does this on sync. Since it happens on sync, it appear as fired by the Marketo sync user, but the fact that it appears to be done by this user does not mean that it's done in Marketo.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure what I can provide to help troubleshoot this. Our person in charge of Salesforce is not that trained in Salesforce so I've tried to push back on her to research but she just keeps saying it's being done by Marketo. Is there a way to search to see what could be updating the Lead Status?

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

What's the default status supposed to be? and what is Marketo supposedly overwriting it as?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The default status is Open and the changes are being made to various lead statuses used by our inside sales rep like “In Process.” When the sales rep changes the status, he’ll find that some are changed back to Open and the log history in Salesforce shows Marketo Sync as changing it.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Provide at least the Marketo activity log showing the sync and data value changes.

Debugging is not just guessing, you need to start from real data and stick to facts. There are far too many things that can get involved both in Marketo and SFDC.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn’t suggest that we should be guessing. I showed a screenshot of activity details above as an example. I don’t understand what else you want to see.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

We need to see the complete activity log, not just a piece of one activity. This is how we can know whether the data value change is linked to the SFDC sync or not. Once these are visible, we can drill down to some specific activities.

You also need to activate field tracking in SFDC, especially on the status field, and look at what is happening there.

-Greg