Content Strategy Manager
At Enigma, the Content Strategy Manager will play a crucial role in defining our voice. You will work collaboratively with senior stakeholders across the company to define our content roadmap and produce compelling thought leadership. This is an exciting opportunity to shape the content strategy of a fast-growing start-up and help establish Enigma as a leader in connecting the world’s data.
You are a strategic thinker and creative storyteller who understands how to build content that resonates and drives leads. You’re hyper-organized and excel at making a plan and helping others stick to it. You’re cool under pressure and thrive working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. You are a natural communicator and understand how to craft a message that is both authentic and persuasive. The thought of building something entirely new in uncharted territory excites you.
As our Content Strategy Manager, you will be responsible for creating, improving and updating content to achieve our business goals. You will be the architect of Enigma’s content strategy and create our roadmap. Your duties will also include sharing content to raise brand awareness, running campaigns and monitoring web traffic and metrics to identify best practices.
You will define Enigma’s voice across our different content channels, from whitepapers and newsletters to nurture campaigns and blog posts. Within Enigma, you will partner with our content creators throughout the company to elevate their work and increase its impact.
- Establish and develop content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing targets
- Create the messaging framework, personas, and roadmap that will guide our content
- Collaborate with marketing and design teams to plan and develop content, style, and layout
- Edit, proofread and improve writers’ posts
- Liaise with content writers to ensure brand consistency
- Optimize content for search
- Use content management systems to analyze website traffic and users engagement metrics
- Manage content distribution across online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic
- Develop an editorial calendar and ensure the content team is on board
- Ensure compliance with the law (e.g. copyright and data protection)
- Stay up-to-date with developments and generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention.
Qualities We Value
- Excellent storyteller - unmatched writing and editing capabilities, with data or technology writing experience a plus
- Hands on experience with CMS and publishing systems
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Exceptional communication, project management, and prioritization skills
- Self-starter with a positive attitude - no job is too big or too small
- Passion for public data, data science, engineering, data visualization, or data journalism a plus
Enigma is a rapidly growing enterprise technology company based in the Flatiron neighborhood of New York City. We are Series B funded, partnering with some of the best investors in the world: New Enterprise Associates, Two Sigma Ventures, Comcast Ventures, Crosslink Capital, American Express Ventures, and others.
Founded in 2012, Enigma was founded on the realization that much of the world’s data was siloed and inaccessible. Enigma set out to change that by building and organizing one of the largest collections of connected public data in the world, winning TechCrunch Disrupt Battlefield in 2013. Our vision has remained steadfast, we want to empower people to interpret, and improve, the world around them. Enigma’s ecosystem of data, software, and tools now enable the world’s leading organizations to tackle some of their hardest problems, ranging from preventing money laundering to ensuring patient safety.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.