20 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2018 7:33 AM by Ray Miller

Send an automated email to a specific opportunity contact role 24 hours after an opportunity is closed won

Ray Miller

Hi there,

Hoping the community can help.

I'm trying to set up a smart campaign to automatically send an email to a closed won opportunity 24 hours after an opportunity is closed won. The business case is as follows:

• We have an administrator contact role on each opportunity that acts as the implementation partner. We would like to intro them to their new CSM using an automated process as the volume is high. The roles are (LRT Admin, CC Admin, Implementer, STV Admin, Decision Maker, CC LMS Admin, LRT LMS Admin) for the remaining discussion purposes I will refer to them as "Implementers".
      • The Opportunity is designated into two types of opportunities, self-service and white glove, these are determined by a salesforce formula field checkbox that is accurate before the opp is closed.

• Our business has a piece of business logic that in order to close an opportunity as Closed Won, our finance team has to approve it. To avoid delay the sales operations team checks the box "Sale Closed" checkbox at the time the customer signs the contract - that should be the trigger for the 24 hour wait step to email. At this point our Sales ops admin has checked that these Opportunity contact roles exist on the opportunity.

Below is what I have set up:

Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 2.36.13 PM.png

Currently I'm only seeing about a 40% hit rate rate on members being added to the list and can't figure out why some members are not being added to the list.

Any thoughts on this? Sanford Whiteman