Given an existing person in Marketo that also exists as a contact under an account in Salesforce, is there a way to update the person in Marketo to hold the corresponding Salesforce Account ID and Salesforce Contact ID? And on a similar note, given an existing person in Marketo that also exists as a lead in Salesforce, is there a way to update the person in Marketo to hold the corresponding Salesforce Lead ID?
We are planning to build and deploy a brand new Salesforce org, with a requirement to migrate existing data from the current, legacy CRM system. Ideally, I would love to use Salesforce's "Set Audit Fields upon Record Creation" feature to migrate the historically accurate Created Date and Created By values. However, I am worried about a catch 22.
- If I turn on Marketo's Salesforce Sync, the Created Date will reflect when the sync was enabled, with all records appearing to be created by Marketo Integration. There is no way to update the audit fields via data migration after the records have already been created by Marketo.
- If I migrate the records first from the legacy CRM system into Salesforce, I cannot turn on Marketo's Salesforce Sync without creating a complete set of duplicate records which then have to be merged.
If possible, the following steps seem to be ideal. But this process would only be possible if there's a way to update existing people in Marketo with existing Salesforce IDs.
- Enable "Set Audit Fields" in Salesforce
- Migrate historical data from legacy CRM system into Salesforce
- Update Marketo with new Salesforce IDs
- Turn on Salesforce Sync in Marketo