This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
The problem is that these iDs cannot be accessed from Marketo smart lists and also that you need to pay attention to uppercase/lower case conditions.
You will have to do the following:
- Create a formula field in SFDC on the lead object. Call it SFDC ID18 and use casesafeID(id) as a formula. as the formula name reads, it generate a 18 characters ID that is case safe (meaning A=a). This is the ID you can read in the SFDC lightning experience URL (while in the classic interface, the ID is the 15 characters case dependent ID).
- Do the same on the contact object, with the exact same name.
- Let these 2 fields sync to Marketo. They will be mapped in 1 field on Marketo side since you have given them the same name.
- Force an update on the leads and records in SFDC for which you need the field (or on your whole database, if the number of records is not too large). That can be done with a data loader.
- in Marketo, you will then be able to use the SFDC ID18 field as a filter in smart campaigns. Combine with SFDC Type [Person] = contact or SFDC Type [Person] = lead if you need to specifically target leads or contacts, but the SFDC ID18 should be enough anyway.