SOLVED

Broken Salesforce-Marketo sync

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Broken Salesforce-Marketo sync

Hi

My Marketo and Salesforce accounts aren't syncing- I believe the cause is changing the Salesforce password. I also changed the Saleforce phone number but I don't think that would have affected it.

Does anyone have instructions on make the sync functional again?

Regards

Ian
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grant_Booth
Level 10

Re: Broken Salesforce-Marketo sync

I recommend putting the username and password in notepad so they're right in front of you. Then copy and paste from there to make sure you can log into SFDC yourself using them.
Then copy and paste them into Admin > Salesforce, and paste in the new security token (this should have been sent by SFDC when you changed the password). You can also manually reset your security token by clicking your name in the top-right corner, and selecting My Settings from the dropdown, and then choosing Personal > Reset My Security Token from the left side.

0EM50000000SNDA.jpg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may need to go reset your security token for the Salesforce sync account and update the credentials in the Admin section of Marketo. If possible, I'd recommend changing the Salesforce sync account to not force password resets. That way, you don't have to constantly update the credentials in Marketo.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Drew- Thanks that was my suspicion and I was hoping it could be simplified to that.

In this Marketo "edit credentials" form:

Username:  
Password:  
Token:

Do you know what each represents? I'm putting in SF user, SF password associated with that user, and new SF security token but it isn't working. Any advice is much appreciated.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The old, prepopulated dots the in password field seem substantially more numerous than the SF user password, old or new, so I think that's the problem, it isn't the SF user password that's supposed to be entered
Grant_Booth
Level 10

I recommend putting the username and password in notepad so they're right in front of you. Then copy and paste from there to make sure you can log into SFDC yourself using them.
Then copy and paste them into Admin > Salesforce, and paste in the new security token (this should have been sent by SFDC when you changed the password). You can also manually reset your security token by clicking your name in the top-right corner, and selecting My Settings from the dropdown, and then choosing Personal > Reset My Security Token from the left side.

0EM50000000SNDA.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Grant- That worked thanks!