1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 3, 2018 10:07 AM by Josh Hill

How will my date-based smartlist subscription deal with different timezones?

Kirsten Hughes

Hi all, I'm a new Marketo user, and I don't seem to be able to figure this one out on my own...but sorry if this question has a very obvious answer.

I'm setting up a birthday campaign, and as part of it, I've set up a list subscription to send a .csv of birthday users to our customer service team, who will be using the list to manually add a 'gift' to the accounts of the users.

My issue is that, I don't appear to be able to select a specific time for the list to be pulled + send (it appears to send out about 1 hour after Marketo updates each day.)  Our timezone is also about 15 hours ahead of our target users, so when the list sends at 10am my time on a user's birthday, it's technically not yet the user's birthday overseas.  Thus, my question is a two-parter:

1) Will the list subscription pull data based on my Marketo time zone or the user's timezone

2) Is there a workaround which will allow me to select the time the smartlist is pulled + sends?

Would love to hear any advice or provide more information if needed.