SOLVED

Taking a Marketo form and passing through values to hidden form for submit

Go to solution
Nav_Singh1
Level 2

Taking a Marketo form and passing through values to hidden form for submit

I'm working on this project and I wanted to see if what I'm doing makes sense.

Basically, I wanted to hide 1 Marketo form (a cloned version of our submission form) on a page and pass through the values from the first form inverted on success (e.g. guest first name and guest company on the main form would become first name and company on the hidden form).

Would modifying the OnSubmit/ OnSuccess to set the field values on the hidden form be the right way of accomplishing this? Has anyone run into any issues of dropped submissions?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Taking a Marketo form and passing through values to hidden form for submit

I don't see any need for 2 forms here, just the same form posted twice with different data.

Also, in order to create 2 leads, you need to have different email addresses. You haven't described how that's happening in this guest/referral setup.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Nav_Singh1
Level 2

One use case is if someone is registering a guest we would want to track and count that in the campaign summary view and the best way to do that would be if that person was coming in as a registrant as well. If I don't submit them through as a new record there's a risk that someone may try to register >1 guests and overwrite the Guest name fields (while I could set that to a concatenated field on data value change that doesn't seem like the best solution.)

SanfordWhiteman

I don't see any need for 2 forms here, just the same form posted twice with different data.

Also, in order to create 2 leads, you need to have different email addresses. You haven't described how that's happening in this guest/referral setup.

Nav_Singh1
Level 2

I think you're right Sanford. It could be the same form submitted twice with inverted values.  The form asks basic business card details from the Registrant, then a Yes/No to see if they are bringing a guest. Then (using visibility rules of the Bringing a guest question) ask for business card details of the guest (this is stored in the guest first name, guest last name, guest email address piece).

Do you have anything new posted on this? I came across an old post from you mentioning that you were working on a blog post for this.

Creating two records (leads) from one form - Referral Program

Nav_Singh1
Level 2

I think this is what I found from your posts. Sounds like I can use this with some minor modifications.

MktoForms2 :: send form twice w/diff data - JSFiddle

SanfordWhiteman

Great, glad you found it!

I should move that old one over to CodePen as my other demos are there, but it looks good.

Nav_Singh1
Level 2

Thank you

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018, 10:51 AM Sanford Whiteman <marketingnation@marketo.com>