AnsweredAssumed Answered

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

Question asked by Gerard Donnelly on Mar 13, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 14, 2018 by Grégoire Michel

This is more of a tip for new people starting out on their Marketo journey.

I have been using Marketo for just over three years and part of this community most days for the last two years.  In that time I have grown to level 6 in the community and become a "Marketo Certified Expert" (kind of).  I say "kind of" as I am far from a real Marketo expert.  Every day that I come on here, I learn something new.  My tip for anyone reading this; log on as often as possible, read every question, every reply and try to replicate or understand what is being discussed.  I have learned more doing this than I have reading the documentation over and over. 

There is also a bunch of super helpful people who regularly contribute and provide expert insights, tips and tricks and lots more.  I would mention names but there is too many and I'm afraid of missing someone out.  This is information that you will not find anywhere else or from more experienced people.  In just the last week I have learned numerous things about topics I already thought I knew about.

I called this post "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!" because you might be an MCE on paper but you still have a long way to go to become a true expert, something which I hope to achieve someday.

Thanks to everyone who helps me to keep learning.

To anyone new reading this, do yourself a favour and follow what I'm doing as it will only make you better.

Outcomes